Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

Ffs lad… Give me a minute

:sweat_smile: I appreciate it for what it’s worth!

You got to take Dalos pod for what it is, pub talk. They had Sean Flynn to talk about Corks puck outs. After a good piece of analysis Dalo says Djunno it’s really just about who wanted it more.

8 Likes

I’d like to see tj Ryan given a go on co comms for games.

I think he’s very good.

5 Likes

JBM isn’t gonna commit to a weekly podcast
Corcoran was an all time great but Jesus Christ you’d fall asleep listening to him :grinning:

1 Like

Message sent

1 Like

Dalo and Teej might draw a bit of craic out of him… I dunno, maybe even Sully. Actually enjoyed his interview on the bbc podcast. Nutcase.

I’ve never heard that podcast so I can’t comment on Landers as a pundit.

He was an extremely limited hurler but he captained his county to an All Ireland and was apparently a superb leader

I usually enjoy him, he was a bit much this week. A load of shite talk from him which is enjoyable in the main

1 Like

Teej by far and away the tactical lead on Dalo’s podcast.

Dalo’s own philosophy was always that hurling was 90% of it and all the rest is 10%.

1 Like

Bubbles Dwyer is top class. Really calls it straight. Jives well with Cadogan and the co host who is very un Joanne Cantwell like and just lets them at it.

13 Likes

Have to agree with you on this. Totally surprised me, thought he’d be a bit of an ape. Good on the lad.

He is a bit of craic too which is what you want in a pundit. Knows his stuff too to be fair.

2 Likes

They might have thought he was a loose cannon or a bit of a gamble especially after his expletives in 2016 All Ireland final interview. But it has paid off. RTE pundits are fairly vanilla by comparison. Daly, Ursula Jacob. McManus is grand in fairness but you would actually look forward to Cadogan and Bubbles. They get free reign and being pitchside close to the action you get more insight.

5 Likes

I haven’t watched it back but that means Dalton did even less than I thought!

Hayes, on the other hand, was excellent tbf to him. We really struggled with his pace & power; maybe we got the match-up wrong.

Hogan isn’t bad either, but had a feeling he’d have great knowledge with his intelligence on the field. Gaa go got the better pundits, 100%.

His long range striking is almost on a par with Byrnes at his best, it’s a great weapon to have on the locker.
I don’t think he was outstanding by any means, but he had Kyle Hayes to contend with

Dalton shipped a fairly hard knock from his own man too before half time which wouldn’t have helped

He’s got a lovely long strike, no doubt about that. His free-taking is a serious asset but, generally, I’m not sure he does enough from open play. I rate Brian Roche quite highly and I’m surprised he’s fallen out of favour so much.

great to see the younger generation going to the matches

2 Likes