Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

Oh yeah, Aisake came back sure.

Setanta went after 03, Aisake followed him but came back and played an important part in a surprise Cork hammering of Tipp around that time, I think it was 2010, but it was in the Páirc

We got five goals and Dan the Man got none.

Good example given ye had already given us a trimming in the Munster Final.

1 Like

It was 2010 - Kev proclaimed on here that nobody could ever question Aisake and the Cork hurlers again after that win - but they subsequently turns to pumpkins soon after

Do you think Waterford and Limerick could agree to play out a 0-0 draw in the style of West Germany and Austria to eliminate Algeria in the 1982 Workd Cup?
[/quote]

West Germany won that game 1-0 through an early goal from Horst Hrubesch from Hamburg (The man they call the monster)

4 Likes

West Germany won that game 1-0 through an early goal from Horst Hrubesch from Hamburg (The man they call the monster)
[/quote]

Was that it?

Did Port Lairge beat them in the Munster Final that year after a Saturday night replay? If memory serves me Skully Ryan’s son in law Liam Lawlor was our full back and his method of playing Aisake was to foul him every time he got the ball.

1 Like

Bubbles O’Dwyer still hurling away at club level?

Munster council give a stipend of some sort, I couldn’t tell you how much. There’s usually a meitheal of GAA heads that are too ould for that rough and tumble and then a load of non-natives that have a hi-viz and haven’t a notion of what’s going on

1 Like

Sounds like a recipe for disaster…reading that report there id imagine there will be multiple claims

That’s utter bollox . Cork would have taken Clare bar the sending off and Kilkenny have had Clare’s measure for the last two years

1 Like

About eight 16 year old girls, led by a chap in his 60s, were charged with manning a section of the north stand :person_shrugging:t2:

In your opinion but the game was level and Clare on top all over the field when the sending off happened after Cork’s initial burst.

Clare have our worked cork all over the field the last three times they have played them and only for late cork goals in all three making them closer than the scorelines suggested.

The stands are usually safe enough, unless you’ve an absolute ape in it

They’re all safe to be fair. A few kids drunk under the scoreboard isnt a new phenomenon. At least in the terrace you can pick and choose who you’re around if you go to the left or right hand side particularly. In the stand you can get caught close to an unbearable cunt and you could be stuck listening to the thick roaster.

Yes.

Riddled with injuries but still very much has it.

It was amusing all the same to see them walking into position, like they’d do anything.

I remember PUC terrace being a death trap as far back as 2001. They had to open the gate during the Limerick v Waterford game as there was a serious squash… Fans were allowed sit behind the goals. A very scary experience

I had to move in Thurles last year… An unbearable Limerick cunt ruining it for everyone.

1 Like

I think the same thing happened in that 2008 Cork Tipp match as well.

1 Like

That game in 2008 had a wicked build up after Tipp’s league final win.

I remember hundreds sitting on the pitch just below the Blackrock terrace. They oversold the game.

Eoin Kelly got a cracking goal.

2 Likes