Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

I’ve been that soldier to be fair. Try to stay calm these days. Unless we’re playing Clare or Tipp. All bets are off then.

A small bit of abusive language once its measured is the finest.

1 Like

Shur all of Munster have had Corks number since 2018. That’s irrelevant. Clare outworked Limerick for 50 minutes in Ennis but still failed to get over the line. The sending off against Cork was pivotal. And even after that Clare barely fell over the line

Given all the whinging about the poor children of Ireland, Id say that has a huge amount of views now that’s its free to watch back?

Some bull of a man, couldn’t imagine he’d play for too many more years.

It’s the cunts commentating at the top of their lungs for everyone to hear, endlessly shouting shit they think is clever… I must be getting old. I had to walk away… I then had a Limerick one tell me to be mindful in the stand in Croker for using the word fuck in front of her teenage daughters :joy::person_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I think it is a stretch to say they fell over the line. Pat Horgan’s opportunistic free gave cork a life line and they got some fairly sympathetic frees from James Owens to keep them in the game, cork never really got a run on Clare down the stretch. After the Horgan goal Clare went on to hit the next few scores.

Rob Downey’s goal two minutes into injury time brought in back to two and Clare had a fairly clear penalty not awarded with the last play of the game.

We’d a group of 7 Carkies come over in front of me and one of the lads. 1 minute to the anthem. I was thinking, for fuck sake, but they were actually sound out. Went out of their way to not block our view etc. Limerick lads their age wouldnt be as nice.

You have dickheads and scumbags in every county to be fair. Enjoyed chatting to an aul lad from Cark. All great banter. 99% of GAA people are the absolute finest.

12 Likes

So we’re back to blaming officials again now? Ah ok.

That’s a real stretch. Clare have probably been the second best team in Ireland most of the last two years but their floor has been extremely low for all that. There’s nothing to suggest you can expect any more from Clare than from cork outside of Munster.

I take that on board but realistically lost a very tight A/I semi final due to a few small breaks and a miraculous save late on v Kilkenny last year.

The same day their full and centre back were probably 50% fit at best - neither had much impact on the day while they also lost Ryan Taylor before half time to injury and had to rejig.

Like I said based on all we have seen, the workrate of Clare and Kilkenny’s 8 to 15 on your typical day is a higher standard than corks

Hail hail

1 Like

I do think Clare are a really excellent team, but we don’t know when they might not turn up. Their ceiling might be higher than anyone’s but their floor is lower and their record outside of Munster is very poor. I think they’ll be better outside of Munster this year because of recent experience but who knows. Limerick performed another one of their comeback blitzes against cork but cork didn’t blink and wrestled the momentum back, no one else has done that. Cork were good value for another few points onto that win.

It’s a weakness in Limerick defense, Tipp got similar joy in first half of Munster final too.

Limerick will work on it but it’s about the only weakness evident currently

The two week break is coming at a good time. Limerick can sit back now and watch the other four battle it out on Sunday.

Savage day to put down watching hurling in fairness. Looking forward to it. Few twists and turns potentially in this championship yet.

2 Likes

Your cousin’s name is spelt Scully.

1 Like

Worst attended Munster final ever I’d say. There was only something like 14k at it

Fucking split season

1 Like

Sean O’Donoghue is a good player but he seems to be associated with a few blunders for goals

Was his positioning a bit dodge for Limerick’s 3rd goal on Sunday? and the short puck outs went wrong for him on the other 2. I recall him failing to pick up a ball which led to Tipp goal , think it was 2 years ago

Sorry kid!!

1 Like

Ye will bate Waterford out the gate.