Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

They pissed away 3 years of their intercounty career without any bit of note. The three years of Davy would have had a degree of interest you’d feel.

There isn’t 70 mins in Kelly at the moment and I don’t believe Taylor will feature.

The vast majority of Tipperary hurling supporters abandoned their team today. 4 championship wins since winning in 2019 someone said to me today?

I think the dead rubber v Limerick in 19 was their last championship win in thurles.

Team of the munster championship

1. Nicky Quaid
  2. Adam Hogan
  3. Dan Morrissey
  4. Barry Nash
  5. Rob Downey
  6. Tadhg de Burca
  7. Kyle Hayes
  8. Will O’Donoghue
  9. Dara Fitzgibbon
  10. Gearoid Hegarty
  11. Shane Barrett
  12. Peter Duggan
  13. Cathal O’Neill
  14. Shane O’Donnell
  15. Alan Connolly
3 Likes

Taylor might feature if we survive until the semi-final. Can’t see Kelly playing 70 minutes at all this year.

Tough call for Lohan to make with Aidan McCarthy now. Not doing enough beyond the frees and first whipped off today. Waiting a very long time for him to recover his form.

Aidan is lacking the bit of cut he had before the leg injury.

The fact Taylor hasn’t played any Clare cup for Clooney doesn’t bode well. Looks like Morey’s race is run after three poor cameos

What’s been up with him?

His ankle is fucked. Permanently it seems.

Disaster. Would have expected that if he can play twenty he must be edging back towards full games.

I always thought IK were a club full of shapers and loose ball merchants, but I genuinely felt the McCarthys were different. Jason never really had the hurling to be a regular starter but Aidan looked to have it all. I put it down to the leg break but I don’t really know what’s going on with him.

Just doesn’t look right in his hurling, unless he is hard running onto a ball into space, which he got two fine scores from today, he isn’t really able to involve himself in things. In 2021 pre injury he was a solid puck out option and was excellent at drifting into positions to receive passes and reading what was in front of him.

Doesn’t seem to link all that welll with SOD either. While not hurling terribly and going well on the frees we need more from him.

Leen was a huge positive today while Cian Galvin had a tough match up with Morris but his use of the ball is very good

That’s a huge pity if true for hurling fans. The temptation is greater to play injured now given the condensed season and likely to miss the bulk of the club season too if he requires surgery.

Hopefully he gets back to full fitness.

Would you ever away and shite, twisting a man’s injury to suit your agenda you plank

5 Likes

There was more at Tipp v Clare today than Wexford v KK.

I was at all the Tipp championship games this year bar LK when I was abroad but can you honestly blame a supporter for not paying €30 for a ticket (€60 when you include herself) to watch a glorified challenge game that was on TV.

Tipp support is poor at the moment but it seems to be always mentioned, there was only 7000 at Galway v Wexford. Kilkenny & Dublin will probably have 26,000 at the Leinster final. Waterford not bringing anything like they did during Dereks/Justin’s time either.

3 Likes

Wexford are the only Leinster county with a decent following, the rest are an embarrassment.

5 Likes

If Cork didn’t get a late penalty v Limerick, there’d have been about a couple of thousand tops of their supporters in Thurles last week.

Success breeds the interest. I know of Clare people back going to games the last few years who hadn’t gone much since 2013/14. Likewise, there are Tipp people I know who haven’t seen Tipp puck a ball in the flesh since the 2019 AI final. It’s the same for every county.

I think it was fair to mention it initially but the whole discussion has tired now.

Tipp people know their hurling and they know to follow when they smell something brewing. Last years loss to Waterford was so damaging on that front.

I also think it’s a symptom of the round robin. Back in the day (e.g. the Tipp famine), there still would have been a decent support at games but that’s because there was possibly one game a season to go to. So people travelled in hope. That’s all changed now where you’ve got games where there is realistically nothing to play for (bar the auld classic ‘pride’).

Waterford had low enough numbers in Ennis last Sunday and in Limerick again today. I’ve a 10 year old who’s hurling man and wanted to go both days so along we went. I wouldn’t be rushing to go to any matches these days otherwise. That’s me done now for this year, bar All Ireland Final maybe. It’s a costly day out now to bring the family. From a Waterford perspective, the Davy factor is a huge turn off and it has driven supporters away in droves.

Ya even the 3/4 week lead up before the first round helped build a bit of momentum and there was buses organised for it. Now it’s just another game.