Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

I’d say 2020 might hold that dubious honour.

Not really. In theory it was a sell out as capacity was limited due to covid

You think we’re gonna bate everyone out the gate

The wife has him nearly bate into submission.

1 Like

Good piece by Christy o Connor, the most telling stat is Cork scoring 3-15 off their own restart and 3-10 off their own long puckout which is astronomical. I don’t see that being sustainable so they will have to come from other sectors. No other team will stick to zonal marking like Limerick did last Sunday, it’s probably why Kiely was giving out that they couldn’t get the message into the team.

I actually think Tipp match up fairly well to that current cork forward line but as @peddlerscross said you’d worry if they start Kingston with another speedster like O Connor or o Flynn. I think Tipp will do ok on Dalton & Hayes.

For Tipp, Morris needs to take O Leary for a good few scores.

1 Like

88% conversion rate from shots from play in the second half too. Assume the Kingston wide was the only one in that half from play?

Must be nearly a record.

As I said it’s probably not sustainable but they are similar to the limericks in their ability to keep possession with throw, throw, steps and then a shot.

Tipp need to dominate cork on long puckouts to win this game as Cork will be much better in the loose.

About the 64th minute mark, stewards were told to take their ‘end of match positions’. A group of four teenage girls appeared, no older than 15 years of age max, dressed in high viz sleeveless tops. They all stood just inside the pitch barrier, and partially blocked the view. A fellow Limerician behind me asked them to sit, that they were obstructing people’s view. They sat down immediately in fairness to them. You can see one of them in the pink top in the pic below.

I thought it a bit wreckless by Munster Council on the night having stewards that young and inexperienced on duty. They seemed more interested in their phones than any safety issue too :rofl:

2 Likes

I wasn’t too far from you…

If you want another €20 on your ticket to pay for “professional” stewards it won’t be long coming

I don’t want professional, but competent ones would be nice.

8 or 9 shots from play is pretty low too even factoring in the breeze- they needed that level efficiency.

1 Like

Clare just crumble at the sight of the black and amber jersey and the weight of history and tradition that it presents.

1 Like

Your trauma is noted and recognised

3 Likes

The wind wasn’t strong but was a huge factor. In the second half Collins couldn’t get it over Byrnes & Hannon.

Cork were full value at the weekend, a lot said about limericks failings,which there was some but cork went out with a game plan to expose these and more importantly executed it.

We got away with playing poorly against clare and somehow got.the win. Hopefully a good kick up the hole for some players and the ship will be tightened. Injuries and form of key men are our issue.

For cork, they have shown their teeth and maybe have grown a backbone. We knew they had the hurlers but no dog. Often like Galway all the talent in the world but goes missing on the big day. The tipp game is going to be very interesting.

4 Likes

Just bring a cap.

From a question here at home … was Pat Horgan pulled up last year for diving similar to late in the game on Saturday? He usually gets away with his party-piece of running at the defender head down and hitting the deck.

It was like a teenage disco in the Blackrock Terrace. I couldn’t get over the amount of teenagers on the walk in. You’d be hard pressed to spot someone over 21.

1 Like

Refs are an integral part in the plan to drive ye chaps ga ga
Obviously working :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like