Music Questions

I did not realise that and will amend the errors of my ways moving forward

I’m familiar with London Grammar though, pal. Only listened to a couple of tunes but, as you know, I’m unmoved by hype and trends. I’ll delve into them a bit more based on your recommendation, however.

Always* thinking of you, pal.

*Not in a Rocko in the shower always.

Mrs Rocko is a fan if that influences you either way.

[Boring story] My older sister was in my gaff at the weekend. London Grammar were on singing some song. My sister asked me if I knew who the band was. I said I didn’t know. Mrs Rocko said “I don’t know, one of those London bands I’d say. They’re annoying.” My sister left the room. Mrs Rocko said, “that’s London Grammar I like them. I just lied.”[/boring story]

[quote=“Rocko, post: 902179, member: 1”]Mrs Rocko is a fan if that influences you either way.

[Boring story] My older sister was in my gaff at the weekend. London Grammar were on singing some song. My sister asked me if I knew who the band was. I said I didn’t know. Mrs Rocko said “I don’t know, one of those London bands I’d say. They’re annoying.” My sister left the room. Mrs Rocko said, “that’s London Grammar I like them. I just lied.”[/boring story][/quote]

Is Mrs Rocko a ball hopper or does she have issues with your sister?

[quote=“Rocko, post: 902179, member: 1”]Mrs Rocko is a fan if that influences you either way.

[Boring story] My older sister was in my gaff at the weekend. London Grammar were on singing some song. My sister asked me if I knew who the band was. I said I didn’t know. Mrs Rocko said “I don’t know, one of those London bands I’d say. They’re annoying.” My sister left the room. Mrs Rocko said, “that’s London Grammar I like them. I just lied.”[/boring story][/quote]

Why did she lie, pal? Was she afraid that your sister would ridicule her if she said she liked them? She should have remained true to her beliefs.

The mysteries of women mate. I think she felt they might be too hipstery or something so she didn’t want to seem too clued in on the whole “London scene” side of things.

Cool story mate.

Is your missus a bit of a nutbar mate?

That seriously bland Villagers album has won the Meteor Choice music prize for best Irish album of the year.

To use a great Alan McGee phrase, the Villagers make music for bedwetters.

@Bandage

What do you think of this?

It’s just Villagers mate.

I enjoy Jurt Vile @farmerinthecity . I know you didn’t ask me but Bandage follows my opinions about 2 or 3 years behind so expect him to take an interest soon.

@Bandage

As you are a fan of Teardrop, I thought I would recommend this. I posted it in Smashing Tunes some time back.

It is the same vocalist, Liz Fraser, with the Cocteau Twins this time*. The song is a cover of a Tim Buckley song called Song of the Siren.

• Well technically it is This Mortal Coil but we won’t bother about that for now.

Music is dead.

Not a question.

@Mark Renton - As promised, I delved into London Grammar a bit more and I enjoyed the debut album. It’s perhaps a bit samey but some excellent tracks though. I’d be a fan of Wasting My Young Years and Nightcall.

I like electro pop with female vocal (think Chvrches) pal so you should check out Halsey - daughter of the former EPL referee. Her debut single Ghost is great.

While I have you, should I pay any attention to this Hozier chap or is he a gimp?

I stand over my James Vincent McMorrow position. His recent album is stunning.

Now, excuse me while I listen to the videos that cunt @farmerinthecity posted on this thread recently.

Halsey - Ghost

I like Kasabian but their new album is utter tosh, they must have forgotten their guitars when recording this.