Music Questions

Anyone listening to The War on Drugs? Their new album is called Lost in the Dream. I must say I’m quite taken by it. Any fans of Tom Petty would like it I think. The opening track Under the Pressure is a fucking cracking tune.

@ChocolateMice et al, I heard a song when out and about recently that went on for around 10 minutes. It was a dance type tune with a few saxophone solos and what seemed like a children’s choir chiming in every now and again singing something like “Hey, I love you so…” and some more lines that I couldn’t make out. Any ideas of the band and the specific tune?

Bumped for @ChocolateMice.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1075956, member: 9”]Bumped for @ChocolateMice.[/QUOTE]
Is this a new song mate? I don’t listen to the wireless myself but I will ask princess.

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1075975, member: 168”]Is this a new song mate? I don’t listen to the wireless myself but I will ask princess.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but please ask princess. I’ve had no joy with google and you tube searches.

Princess is still out… It’s hardly this, pal?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss. That’s it, @ChocolateMice. Cheers, pal. I must have been wrong with my 10 minutes estimate. Is it a recent tune? I was quite taken with it.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1076130, member: 9”]Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss. That’s it, @ChocolateMice. Cheers, pal. I must have been wrong with my 10 minutes estimate. Is it a recent tune? I was quite taken with it.[/QUOTE]
You may have heard some other mix, pal. It’s a year or so old I think.

Excellent internetting from @ChocolateMice the useful bastard. :clap:

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1076113, member: 168”]Princess is still out… It’s hardly this, pal?

[/QUOTE]

It’s a complete rip off of this and not as good.

Are they the same songs? That might have been the one I heard, @Il Bomber Destro.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1076286, member: 9”]Are they the same songs? That might have been the one I heard, @Il Bomber Destro.[/QUOTE]
Got your choir anyway. And the lyrics you described.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1076286, member: 9”]Are they the same songs? That might have been the one I heard, @Il Bomber Destro.[/QUOTE]

No, they are different songs but sound remarkably similar and were released not too far apart but the one I put up was the first song released of the two.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1076294, member: 2533”]No, they are different songs but sound remarkably similar and were released not too far apart but the one I put up was the first song released of the two.[/QUOTE]
Well done, pal.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1076277, member: 2533”]It’s a complete rip off of this and not as good.

[/QUOTE]

Aye, that Pnau track was what came to mind. They had/have some wonderful tunes.

Lads, what do we think of this version of Stand By Me? It was used on the intro to the Donegal-Derry game on Setanta last week, obviously not as good as the original but I do like their take on the song. Lot of anger in there.

What albums are tickling your fancy so far this year, chaps?

I haven’t downloaded any music in months. :eek:

Having my first listen to the recently released Jape album via You Tube at present. I’m very impressed indeed.

Kendrick Lamar
Fr. John Misty
New Charlatans one

I’m really enjoying the new CHVRCHES album, guys. Lauren Mayberry is a sweetheart and has the voice of an angel. She’s up there with Sandra Hurley of RTE for me.

Any links to some of their previous numbers that you’re a fan of?