National Football League 2015

McManamon off.

McManamon gone, silly second yellow. Good contest and getting tetchier by the minute

Deegan making a lot of bad calls for both sides.

Deegan is a clown.

Donegal kicking this one away.

Thats that. Gallagher would want to be chewing McBrearty out in a big way after that.

Another shocking challenge from Oā€™Gara.

Looks like the Kildare centre back have been eating the weights over the winter.

Itā€™s Oā€™Gara what else would expect?

He gets away with it far too much. Oā€™Connor and McLoughlin are two other major culprits of this for Mayo.

Meath have beaten Kildare 0-13 to 0-11.

Enjoyable game, Donegalā€™s decision making in attack was really poor as they had the chances to push on and take control of the game after the sending off.

Dublin were really up for it and you can see how badly wounded they were by Donegal last year, impressive performance given the quality of players they had who didnā€™t take part tonight. Thought the Donegal fringe players showed up well too.

Oā€™Gara shouldnā€™t anywhere near a county team lime Dublin. He canā€™t solo, canā€™t hand pass, canā€™t foot pass, all he can do is catch and kick and gets lucky with a a goal every do often. I canā€™t understand why Gavin has stuck with him.

Iā€™ll be very surprised if Dublin donā€™t regain the All-Ireland this year.

Mayo in the semi-final are the only team I can realistically see challenging them.

Heā€™s a very effective player, physically there are few full backs who can handle him. He destroyed McKaigue and Wiley last year who would be two of the best full backs around but his discipline and inability to tackle can make him a liability. Heā€™s not much of a footballer but his physical power and ball winning ability are huge assets.

Any player who gets a goal every so often is worth having as an option.

No he isnā€™t. He more bad than good. I would rather a more consistent player be in the panel than someone who only scores every now and then.

I see nothing about him that makes me think he is worth having around. He is more likely to fuck up a scoring chance than score one. He gets in the way if attacks more often than not and he canā€™t deliver that pass to set someone up for a score unless he gets lucky.

I was one of those who would have got rid of Oā€™Gara back in 2010 but fair play to Gilroy for persisting with him. Heā€™ll certainly never be an outstanding forward and tends to struggle badly against good defences but he brings something different - most defences donā€™t know what heā€™s going to do because he doesnā€™t know what heā€™s going to do himself, so heā€™s clearly worth his place as a sub at least.

He was very poor against Cork, although even then he got one nice point in the first half. Heā€™ll always attract scorn from a lot of people because of his build, appearance and the demeanour with which he carries himself - when heā€™s bad he sticks out more. I canā€™t comment on his performance tonight because I didnā€™t bother watching the match apart from 15 minutes at the end of the first half.

Oā€™Gara was outstanding in the 2013 All Ireland final. Absolutely superb.