National Football League 2015

Should have left it to Jap, he doesn’t miss those.

Cracking match in fairness and a good win for Cork. The Tyrone-Cork clash on March 15th will bring the forum to a standstill.

Just a shame Kev won’t be around for it :frowning:

Bad day for Il Bomber and his theory that Kerry and Cork would struggle in the Ulster Championship. A second string Kerry team and Cork team not rated in Cork both win in Ulster today

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1088501, member: 9”]Cork 2-14 Monaghan 1-16 (FT).

Excellent win for Cork - they came from behind too.[/QUOTE]
I didn’t even see this. :smiley:

Ah here, Tis the fucking league.

Good win for Armagh, missing their two main men from last week Clarke and Coldrick.

:smiley:

I notice Kev didn’t bother commenting on this incident from the Cork game given his bizarre whinging about the ref in the Tyrone match.

From the RTE match report.

Hughes, Dermot Malone and Ryan McAnespie worked hard in the 17th minute, and although a clear-cut penalty wasn’t awarded, the hosts bagged the opening goal four minutes later.

There are few fans in GAA more bitter than the Tipperary football fan (I use the singular form of the word “fan” deliberately).

Great start to the league for Cork - they’re four points clear of every other team, on three wins after two matches, having beaten Dublin, Monaghan and Tyrone.

Neither did I.
Great win, looked in trouble when 4 down. Subs made a telling contribution.
Colm O Neill was ridiculous, being marked by a very good player as well. Donnacha O Connor showed very well today as well.
Cork had 3 players score off their weak foot from play. If it was Kerry people would be fraughting at the mouth. Also impressive stuff from both Clancys and Cadogan. Brian ODriscoll is a bit hit and miss, but Dorman is a big addition as well.

Early days of course, but Cork have recovered well from last year, and that’s to the credit of management and players.

That was a second string Derry team today.

What’s the story with Daniel Goulding, Kevin? Has faded badly from the scene over the last couple of years.

Fraughting at the mouth. :smiley:

Well for now he is injured.
But in general he is lazy and not suited to modern game.

Beggan really should have saved the first O’Neill goal.

The second one was brilliant though.

Just saw the match report there.

Seems like Campbell was on free duties today, wouldn’t really fancy him as a free taker. Could be a weakness for Armagh this year if Kernan or McParland aren’t on the pitch. Ethan Raffery hit 1-02 from play and Ciaran O’Hanlon also got a goal so encouraging to see them doing well. Armagh seem to be very short on defensive numbers this season, McGeeney said they had to use Shields today when he was carrying an injury. McKeever and Morgan were the only defenders unavailable I think.

Darren Hughes a big miss for Monaghan yesterday, he’s good for 1 or 2 points a game, but his all round play means so much more for us.

Curious as to why the game was played in 'blayney; Monaghan have had a fine league record in Clones this last couple of years (possibly unbeaten, open to correction) and I recall Cork relegating us with a win in 'blayney 3 or 4 years back. I suppose redevelopment costs have to be justified some way.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1088665, member: 2533”]Just saw the match report there.

Seems like Campbell was on free duties today, wouldn’t really fancy him as a free taker. Could be a weakness for Armagh this year if Kernan or McParland aren’t on the pitch. Ethan Raffery hit 1-02 from play and Ciaran O’Hanlon also got a goal so encouraging to see them doing well. Armagh seem to be very short on defensive numbers this season, McGeeney said they had to use Shields today when he was carrying an injury. McKeever and Morgan were the only defenders unavailable I think.[/QUOTE]
Wasnt too impressed with Rafferty.The goal was an absolute gimme and anyone would have got a few points for Armagh yesterday such was their dominance at midfield.I’d fancy Tipperary to take them in the final if they meet again.I know they were missing their better players but too many one paced players on display yesterday.Wexford were woeful and will proberly go down.All the better dual players playing hurling and the players just aint there to have two county teams going well at the one time.The Wexford team under Jason Ryan would have won comfortably yesterday.