National Football League 2015

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1100922, member: 183”]There are no circumstances in which deliberately shoving a player backwards into an advertising hoarding like that is acceptable. If you don’t understand that, you have a problem understanding not just sport but society.

Ronaldson was off balance and travelling backwards at speed with no protection for the back of his head. That’s an obvious recipe for serious injury and I shudder to think what the outcome would have been had it occurred at Parnell Park where there are foot-thick walls lining the pitch.

I would have thought an Irish person living in Australia would understand better than most how somebody hitting the back of their head after being pushed over can suffer serious injury and even death, but apparently not.[/QUOTE]
I’ve watched it again to make sure i wasnt missing something. Ronaldson hits the fence with his shoulder/side of thigh. He was not shoved backwards. Nor was he traveling at speed. I have no more to say on the matter. We both have different points of view.

its actually of no relevance when most of the Kerry team have never beaten Dublin in a championship match while most of Dublin players have never lost to Kerry in a championship match…

the roll of honour always has relevance my dear boy

especially to people living in the past …

I see Donaghy giving it the big un about this league game and the result setting down a marker, which seems bizarre from a Kerry perspective. Its not as if Dublin battered them physically off the park in the last few championship games - it was done through playing better football. If it’s an indication of how Kerry would approach a future championship encounter then they will be beaten again given Dublin would be expected to have the likes of Brennan, Macauley, Connolly, Flynn and Cluxtion back.

it is you that is in the past scumpot

Kerry are all Ireland champions having beating a team in the final that beat Dublin in the semi final without too much hassle. Kerry beat Dublin last weekend. So I am very much in the present.

I think Gavin should zip it. The ref didn’t wrong them hugely at the weekend. Jez Cormac Costello could have got a red and didn’t. That was a far worse kick than Lee Keegan’s kick in last years semi! Bastic’s attempt at contesting with Donaghy was pathetic and Gavin should be addressing this as a discipline issue rather than having a pop at the ref. You mentioned Dublin players never having lost to Kerry in the championship - Bastic, Brogans, Cluxton all have perhaps Flynn, Connolly as well?

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 1101011, member: 1379”]it is you that is in the past scumpot

Kerry are all Ireland champions having beating a team in the final that beat Dublin in the semi final without too much hassle. Kerry beat Dublin last weekend. So I am very much in the present.

I think Gavin should zip it. The ref didn’t wrong them hugely at the weekend. Jez Cormac Costello could have got a red and didn’t. That was a far worse kick than Lee Keegan’s kick in last years semi! Bastic’s attempt at contesting with Donaghy was pathetic and Gavin should be addressing this as a discipline issue rather than having a pop at the ref. You mentioned Dublin players never having lost to Kerry in the championship - Bastic, Brogans, Cluxton all have perhaps Flynn, Connolly as well?[/QUOTE]

completely inaccurate …I never said that Dublin players have never lost to Kerry, I said a lot haven’t …
I agree about Gavin… and i’m objective enough to admit that the likes Bastick and philly macmahon seek trouble a lot of the time…but there’s none worse than Donaghy in my mind…great footballer but an absolute clown… always trying to get in the face of his opponent with thrash talking and other habits borrowed from sports like basketball…
on separate note… would you be happy for Kerry to win all Ireland in the manner they won it last year or would you like them to go back to their more traditional footballing style with the gooch back in the fold?..to me that final was an example of everything wrong with the way sport has gone - desperation to win over everything else…it was putrid stuff…

[QUOTE=“scumpot, post: 1101034, member: 182”]completely inaccurate …I never said that Dublin players have never lost to Kerry, I said a lot haven’t …
I agree about Gavin… and i’m objective enough to admit that the likes Bastick and philly macmahon seek trouble a lot of the time…but there’s none worse than Donaghy in my mind…great footballer but an absolute clown… always trying to get in the face of his opponent with thrash talking and other habits borrowed from sports like basketball…
on separate note… would you be happy for Kerry to win all Ireland in the manner they won it last year or would you like them to go back to their more traditional footballing style with the gooch back in the fold?..to me that final was an example of everything wrong with the way sport has gone - desperation to win over everything else…it was putrid stuff…[/QUOTE]

Kerry don’t care how they win an All Ireland but they do care how others do it. The nonsense perpetrated by the media about Kerry and Dublin (to a lesser extent) and the way they play the game is galling. Kerry habe been as cynical as anyone over the past decade, I recall them targeting Canavan in 2005 where Tom O’Sullivan was doing his best to bait him all game. I recall Dara O’Se and O’Mahony doing the same with Cavanagh in 2008. O’Mahout was at it again with Murphy this year by all accounts. It’s nothing new for them but it will never be touched on. Brolly is the only pundit with the balls to call out the likes of Kerry and Mayo in their cynicism in recent years.

They had become the best tacklers in the game collectively, but seem to have regressed. Maybe someone thought they spent too much time on it.
Has Donie Buckley left?

You’ll get that, although your post is misleading.

Galvin back for the kingdom:eek:

Unreal :o

Very strange move, by all parties.

It wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility that he is doing it for re-exposure and realises that it’s hard to stay relevant when you’re not playing anymore. Strong hint of nepotism as well.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1101256, member: 273”]Very strange move, by all parties.

It wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility that he is doing it for re-exposure and realises that it’s hard to stay relevant when you’re not playing anymore. Strong hint of nepotism as well.[/QUOTE]

Never really rated Galvin, decent player but more rated for his persona than his football, in my opinion. Probably a decent option to bring on for 10-15 minutes to close out games but not much more than that. Kerry will have quite a few veterans on the panel this year with the likes of O’Se, O’Mahony, Cooper, Donaghy all over 30 while Walsh and Sheehan must be knocking about that age too.

It’s a strange move as it’s not exactly a position they are lacking in. Whatever happened to Padraig Reidy?

FFS. Not rating Galvin :smiley:
The give away “I haven’t a notion” comment.
Whatever else about him, he was a fucking savage footballer.

Heard it said today, and I well believe this, that if Luke Connolly was from Kerry he’d be on the team now. But he isn’t and is not being brought into senior panel. The same man believes if Maurice Fitz has grown up in Cork we’d never have heard of him. Probably true also. Really reflects poorly on Cork that Connolly is written off for being a bit “edgy”.

The dreadful defensive game we are playing now as well, when we have savage forwRds. It’s beyond dumb.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1101280, member: 273”]FFS. Not rating Galvin :smiley:

Heard it said today, and I well believe this, that if Luke Connolly was from Kerry he’d be on the team now. But he isn’t and is not being brought into senior panel. The same man believes if Maurice Fitz has grown up in Cork we’d never have heard of him. Probably true also. Really reflects poorly on Cork that Connolly is written off for being a bit “edgy”.

The dreadful defensive game we are playing now as well, when we have savage forwRds. It’s beyond dumb.[/QUOTE]

He was a good footballer, hugely overrated due to his persona. Donnacadh Walsh was every bit as important to Kerry but was unheralded because he didn’t have a hipster beard, tattoos and wasn’t an attention seeker.

Then again, you’re the same guy who thinks Paddy Kelly was a better footballer than McConville.

I would imagine Cork are playing defensive football to protect a very vulnerable defence.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1101280, member: 273”]FFS. Not rating Galvin :smiley:

The dreadful defensive game we are playing now as well, when we have savage forwRds. It’s beyond dumb.[/QUOTE]

Connolly has always been ponderous on the ball. Seems like an over-reaction to a couple of decent Sigerson performances.

Nothing happened. Should never have played for Kerry in the first place.

That’s harsh. He was decent enough for a handful of years but he was done when he was done.

As for the spoofer claiming Galvin is coming back for greater exposure, that insults him, his talent and his brother in law (and their relationship) especially one like Fitzmaurice, who is no fool. Kerry have a tradition of bringing back in experience when they see fit, Mike McCarthy, Eoin Brosnan to name just two recent ones.

No he looks up and is brilliant at switching play to advantageous areas. He has always had great talent, but is starting to show it and they don’t bring him along yet have Donal Og Hodnett and Kevin O Driscoll there. Neither a patch on Connolly.
Since Morgan hasn’t been involved Cork have repeatedly ignored these types of players. Corkery was ignored as FFS, probably cos he didn’t look the part.
It’s a major failing in Cork. There is a good chance Gooch wouldn’t have seen the light of day either.

The u21’s threatened a player that if he played an All-Ireland Freshers Final instead of a u21 challenge game he’d not be considered for u21.

Numerous members of 21 team are also suffering from injuries, a couple originating in the gym.

The whole UCC management team should be in charge of the minors or the 21’s yet they have gone the complete other way an picked old idiots who think breaking fellas down is the way to train them.