National Football League 2015

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1101321, member: 332”]:smiley: You’d like to think he has learned from his mistakes but last years Kerry Hurling final would sadly beg to differ.
I suppose he wouldn’t be any good without that angry man boiling away inside him.[/QUOTE]

he was also probably the most influential player on the pitch in that hurling final. his ability to influence games is probably why Fitz is prepared to take a gamble on this. The funny thing about this is that no one saw it coming. no rumour mill in the lead up to it. The biggest Kerry comeback since the Bomber came out of retirement!

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1101319, member: 180”]I think that came about because its simply impossible to see a place for him in the forwards given whats there and with Bryan Sheehan, Tommy Walsh and Cooper to be added to it. I think he could be an excellent free man/sweeper across the half back line, but it all depends on his fitness and conditioning.

Can you imagine the roar that goes up in Croke Park when Galvin trots in off the bench against the Dubs, etc?

Or the one that when he trots back off 5 minutes later :D[/QUOTE]

The Dubs never really adopted Galvin as the pantomime villain. Never much ruaille buallie when he came on or off. Its Donaghy gets under their skin

The Cork players and supporters work themselves into a serious state of flux the minute Galvin comes on, off , goes near the ball. Its bizarre the way he winds them up to such an extent by just being around the scene

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 1101500, member: 1379”]The Dubs never really adopted Galvin as the pantomime villain. Never much ruaille buallie when he came on or off. Its Donaghy gets under their skin

The Cork players and supporters work themselves into a serious state of flux the minute Galvin comes on, off , goes near the ball. Its bizarre the way he winds them up to such an extent by just being around the scene[/QUOTE]
It’s all down to a nasty comment made to NOL a good while back. It took off from there.

Duirt bean lion, go nduirt bean lei

yes they did resort to jumping on lads
it is important to note Dublin had 2 injured players on the pitch at the time
O’Carroll was out of it and O Gara was injured
they were hanging on for dear life
they didn’t set out to play negatively, kerry did

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 1101500, member: 1379”] Its Donaghy gets under their skin
[/QUOTE]
in fairness donaghy goes into overdrive against the dubs
he goes out of his way to get in their faces
even the most biased Kerry fool can see that

sure what harm if he does. fair play to him. ye have enough cannon fodder in leinster where no one gets in yere face

remember the days when the Hill used to work itself into a frenzy when Vinnie Murphy was warming up to come on to get into peoples faces. " vinny is going to get you" was the chant if I recall correctly.

Take off the blue tinted glasses. Kerry set out to play negatively. maybe but Dublin did what they had to do in 2011 to beat Donegal in the semi final as well. Had as many men behind the ball that day as Donegal had. Now there was a putrid game to use your vocabuary. Less scores than in the 2014 final. what was the final scores again? 7 points to 6 was it

you’re missing the point
dubs never complained about Donegal’s tactics
the Kerry men , the so called purists, used to give out when Armagh and Tyrone bet you
they were going ape shit at the rough northies
it was ‘puke football’ to paraphrase a famous kerryman
but now its ok to play like that once Kerry win

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 1101602, member: 1379”]sure what harm if he does. fair play to him. ye have enough cannon fodder in leinster where no one gets in yere face
.[/QUOTE]

there’s no harm in it at all
your initial point was the dubs go after dongahy
they don’t
he spends his time getting in their faces
except Rory O carroll of course
he’s rather polite with him I noticed
:smiley:

well we have them all beat now - Tyrone, Armagh and Donegal. Just the Down score to be settled at this stage

and get out of the garden will you. Heard just as many Dubs complaining about Donegal as I have Kerry people. Ye were at it in 2011 and sure this year I had a queue of Dublin folk up to me wishing Kerry well in the final after Donegal beating ye. plenty of reference to their style of football amidst them good wishes with a large dollop of sour grapes and of course shock !

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 1101720, member: 1379”]well we have them all beat now - Tyrone, Armagh and Donegal. Just the Down score to be settled at this stage

and get out of the garden will you. Heard just as many Dubs complaining about Donegal as I have Kerry people. Ye were at it in 2011 and sure this year I had a queue of Dublin folk up to me wishing Kerry well in the final after Donegal beating ye. plenty of reference to their style of football amidst them good wishes with a large dollop of sour grapes and of course shock ![/QUOTE]
yeah a lot of dub fans seem to hate Donegal
think it goes back to '92
i never had a problem with them
 its the kerrymen that really get under my skin
 :wink:
you never bet tyrone when it mattered
 even the Kerry players will admit that

Kerry people change like the wind as long as you are winning.
They used to love us a few years ago cos we played “proper football”. Then as soon as Cork beat them or won the AI it was all about our big athletic men.
Anyone else plays defensive it’s ugly and it’s cos they don’t have the footballers. When Kerry do it, it’s down to tactical genius.

That’s not to take away from E. Fitz. But it’s how the animals carry on.

The Strangest Cork team in years. Highly experimental. No harm I suppose, but it’s changed my mind on the result.

The Cork Senior Football Team to play Kerry lines out as follows:

1. Ken O’Halloran (Bishopstown)

2. James Loughrey (Mallow)

3. Michael Shields (St. Finbarr’s)

4. Tom Clancy (Clonakilty)

5.TomĂĄs Clancy (Fermoy)

1. Stephen O’Donoghue (Ballincollig)

2. Jamie O’Sullivan (Bishopstown)

3. Eoin Cadogan (Douglas)

4. Fintan Goold (Macroom)

5. Kevin O’Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)

6. John O’Rourke (Carbery Rangers)

7. Colm O’Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)

8. Colm O’Neill (Ballyclough)

9. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)

10. Brian Hurley (Castlehaven)

We could be in for a tough time on Sunday v Donegal. Hit badly this weekend by injury (McManus) and suspension (Wylie & Gollogly). Probably missing about 7 or 8 of a championship team there. I wouldn’t be surprised to see McManus kept in cotton wool until the Cavan match, he’s had a lot of trouble with his hip and is simply irreplaceable. Hughes and McAdam named in midfield, an area of undoubted weakness for us. McAdam much more comfortable in the HB line. Would expect to see Kieran Hughes out around the middle in the second half when things aren’t going our way. Bench looks awfully weak, with a half fit Corey the pick of the bunch.

You could do worse things this weekend than put your child’s Communion money on a Donegal/Kerry double at around 7/4.

1Rory BegganRuairí Ó BeagáinAn Bhoth
2Conor BoyleConchĂșr Ó BaoilCluain Tiobraid
3Drew WylieAindreas WylieBéal Átha Beithe
4Kieran DuffyCiáran Ó DufaighLeachtain
5Dessie MoneDeasĂșn MochĂĄinCluain Tiobraid
6Fintan KellyFionáin Ó CeallaighCluain Eois
7Karl O’ConnellCarl Ó ConaillTigh Thalainn
8Neil McAdamNiall Mac AdaimNa Clairsigh MhuineachĂĄin
9Darren HughesDarren Ó hAodhaAn Bhoth
10Owen DuffyEoin Ó DufaighLeachtain
11Dermot MaloneDiarmaid Ó MaoileainFág An Bealach
12Ryan Mc AnespieRian Mac Giolla EaspaigScairbh na gCaorach
13Paul FinlayPĂłl Ó FionnlaighBĂ©al Átha Beithe
14Kieran HughesCiarán Ó hAodhaAn Bhoth
15Daniel McKennaDĂłnall Mac CionnaithGaeil TriĂșcha
16Enda DuffyÉanna Ó DufaighDruim Shamhain
17John Mc CarronSean Mac CearĂĄinGaeil TriĂșcha
18Paddy McGuiganPĂĄdraig Mag UiginnCraobh MhĂĄirtin
19Vinny CoreyUinseann Ó ComhraíCluain Tiobraid
20Dick ClerkinRisteard Ó ClĂ©irchĂ­nCurraichĂ­n
21Shane CareySeán Ó CiaraAn Bhoth
22Christopher McKennaCristĂłir Mac CionnaithGaeil TriĂșcha
23Padraig DonaghyPĂĄdraig Mac DonnchaidhDomhnach Maighean
24Thomas Connolly Tomás Ó ConghaileLeachtain
25Thomas KerrTomĂĄs Ó CarraBĂ©al Átha Beithe
26Paul MeeganPól Ó MiagáinInis Caoin

If you encounter them strolling around that morning in the hotel car park/lobby in a jaunty, upbeat, manner; could your mind change again?

Probably not.

2 things here, it’s either very experimental or they are retarded enough to believe they can hoodwink Kerry. I would have left the experimenting till Kerry are beaten against weaker teams.
It seems, from the outside at least, they are trying to change their approach game-to-game to make themselves more adaptable. That’s a logical approach as long as plan A is set in stone and you are fairly comfortable with it. Cork haven’t done that.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1102038, member: 273”]Probably not.

2 things here, it’s either very experimental or they are retarded enough to believe they can hoodwink Kerry. I would have left the experimenting till Kerry are beaten against weaker teams.
It seems, from the outside at least, they are trying to change their approach game-to-game to make themselves more adaptable. That’s a logical approach as long as plan A is set in stone and you are fairly comfortable with it. Cork haven’t done that.[/QUOTE]

What’s so experimental about it? A lot of those lads have experience in the positions named and most of them have played those positions in the league so far. The only odd one seems to be Cadogan and Collins at midfield and full forward but that to me suggests they will play with a 2 man full forward line and Collins out at midfield where he played against Monaghan.

Are you getting your excuses in early?

Tactically it’ll be the same old same old, two inside, everyone else funnelling back. O’Connor is out because they are worried about not winning enough breaking ball against Kerry (as they should be). Cadogan midfield is a good idea imo, can see it working. Cadogan/Maguire midfield might just be the thing come championship.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1102039, member: 2533”]What’s so experimental about it? A lot of those lads have experience in the positions named and most of them have played those positions in the league so far. The only odd one seems to be Cadogan and Collins at midfield and full forward but that to me suggests they will play with a 2 man full forward line and Collins out at midfield where he played against Monaghan.

Are you getting your excuses in early?[/QUOTE]
The inferiority complex shown by the average Corkman to their Kerry neighbours is quisling like.