National Football League 2015

Anyone have a recipe for onion soup?

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1103483, member: 180”]That Kildare penalty was dreadful, havent seen as bad a run up in a long long time.

FAO @Il Bomber Destro

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_mmLx0UwAA-AjK.png[/QUOTE]

its every week with these kerry lads it seems…beating up the poor Dubs last week, now cork…last week they were setting the record straight against the dubs, this week sure its only the league…its win win with the Kerrymen…

I remember him giving the gooch an awful rough time of it in croker one day…i could see them from my perch in the corporate box … think it was an Ireland semi final I…Mone was just battering him off the ball…I hurled abuse at Mone before going inside for some finger food and hooch and watched the remainder of the game on the tv…

Softened him up good and proper.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1103818, member: 2533”]@caoimhaoin

How many points did Gooch Cooper get from play off Dessie Mone in their Championship meetings in 07 and 08?[/QUOTE]
It appears Dessie didn’t mark Gooch in 2007. So Banty didn’t trust him on the games best forward. Interesting.

What’s also interesting is that in 2008 he marked Tommy Walsh. Now I agree Dessie is a fine player, but to keep Gooch scoreless while marking Tommy Walsh is asking a bit much.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1103883, member: 273”]It appears Dessie didn’t mark Gooch in 2007. So Banty didn’t trust him on the games best forward. Interesting.

What’s also interesting is that in 2008 he marked Tommy Walsh. Now I agree Dessie is a fine player, but to keep Gooch scoreless while marking Tommy Walsh is asking a bit much.[/QUOTE]

What leads you to say he was marking Tommy Walsh?

Go find it yourself while you continue to steal from your employer you leech.

Easy now, Kevin, it’s people like me who pay your wages. You made a claim that Mone didn’t mark Cooper in 2007 and that he marked Walsh but have offered nothing to back that up.

@caoimhaoin

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dessie-mone-has-unfinished-business-with-tyrone-1.1831638

“That’s why you have to admire people like my brother John Paul and Damian Freeman[/URL] and [URL=‘http://www.irishtimes.com/search/search-7.1213540?tag_person=Dermot%20McArdle&article=true’]Dermot McArdle[/URL]. These boys stuck with Monaghan through thick and thin, they never let the phone ring out. They were always there to put on the jersey even when there was no big days. That’s why we all look up to them.” [B]Best shut-down defender [/B]For the four or five seasons when Monaghan were in full-cry, Mone had been their best shut-down defender. For his first game in Croke Park in 2007, McEnaney had no problem sending him to shackle [URL=‘http://www.irishtimes.com/search/search-7.1213540?tag_person=Colm%20Cooper&article=true’]Colm Cooper.

He was their attack dog, the poster boy for their no-let-up approach to the game. McEnaney said in these pages at the start of the championship he always liked his teams to come off the field with at least a few yellow cards to their name. Mone wasn’t the type to disappoint him.

“Ah yeah, well every team needs a fella who can mark these boys who are expected to score 1-3 or 1-4 in a game. You’re never bigger than the team, you do your job to the letter of the law. You do it to the best of your ability and within the rules as well.”

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1103912, member: 2533”]@caoimhaoin

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dessie-mone-has-unfinished-business-with-tyrone-1.1831638

“That’s why you have to admire people like my brother John Paul and Damian Freeman[/URL] and [URL=‘http://www.irishtimes.com/search/search-7.1213540?tag_person=Dermot%20McArdle&article=true’]Dermot McArdle[/URL]. These boys stuck with Monaghan through thick and thin, they never let the phone ring out. They were always there to put on the jersey even when there was no big days. That’s why we all look up to them.” [B]Best shut-down defender [/B]For the four or five seasons when Monaghan were in full-cry, Mone had been their best shut-down defender. For his first game in Croke Park in 2007, McEnaney had no problem sending him to shackle [URL=‘http://www.irishtimes.com/search/search-7.1213540?tag_person=Colm%20Cooper&article=true’]Colm Cooper.

He was their attack dog, the poster boy for their no-let-up approach to the game. McEnaney said in these pages at the start of the championship he always liked his teams to come off the field with at least a few yellow cards to their name. Mone wasn’t the type to disappoint him.

“Ah yeah, well every team needs a fella who can mark these boys who are expected to score 1-3 or 1-4 in a game. You’re never bigger than the team, you do your job to the letter of the law. You do it to the best of your ability and within the rules as well.”[/QUOTE]

Kev has taken a bigger doing than Elaine O Hara here today.

No I’d didn’t. Can you not read now?
Gooch was marked by Flanagan in 2007.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1103919, member: 273”]No I’d didn’t. Can you not read now?
Gooch was marked by Flanagan in 2007.[/QUOTE]

No. He wasn’t.

I’d wonder what Padraig McMahon would make of this quote, I’m not sure its how he would have put it himself perhaps.
[B]

PART-TIME FARMER Padraig McMahon has withdrawn from the Laois football panel because ‘cows won’t wait until the training session is over’ to give birth.[/B]

That’s the reality of the situation, according to manager Tomas O Flatharta who offered a colourful explanation for his key corner-back’s departure.

McMahon was an ever present in last year’s Championship campaign and started both of Laois first two league games this year.

He was named to play against Roscommon yesterday too but was replaced before throw-in and O Flatharta subsequently revealed the player has left the panel.

“Padraig McMahon is a very busy man, he’s a teacher and a farmer as well,” said O Flatharta. “We tried to work it out and he did come in with us, he came to me during last week. He said he couldn’t do it, he was caught for time.

“Cows won’t wait until the training session is over and then say, ‘you can come home and I’ll have the calf’. That’s the reality of it. Padraig is opting out for a few weeks. I’m not sure if we have seen the end of it or not but we have to respect how busy he is.

“He hasn’t closed the door on it himself yet from taking part in the rest of the year.”

Back to an earlier point, just catching up now on the League Sunday show - clear as day that Mark Collins was not playing at full forward. Why does Kevin insist on trying to mislead people?

And O’Donoghue was marking Donaghy, he was roasted by him for Walsh’s goal FFS.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2077970_o.gif

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1103958, member: 180”]I’d wonder what Padraig McMahon would make of this quote, I’m not sure its how he would have put it himself perhaps.

PART-TIME FARMER Padraig McMahon has withdrawn from the Laois football panel because ‘cows won’t wait until the training session is over’ to give birth.

That’s the reality of the situation, according to manager Tomas O Flatharta who offered a colourful explanation for his key corner-back’s departure.

McMahon was an ever present in last year’s Championship campaign and started both of Laois first two league games this year.

He was named to play against Roscommon yesterday too but was replaced before throw-in and O Flatharta subsequently revealed the player has left the panel.

“Padraig McMahon is a very busy man, he’s a teacher and a farmer as well,” said O Flatharta. “We tried to work it out and he did come in with us, he came to me during last week. He said he couldn’t do it, he was caught for time.

“Cows won’t wait until the training session is over and then say, ‘you can come home and I’ll have the calf’. That’s the reality of it. Padraig is opting out for a few weeks. I’m not sure if we have seen the end of it or not but we have to respect how busy he is.

“He hasn’t closed the door on it himself yet from taking part in the rest of the year.”[/QUOTE]

And there we go, the man deserved better than he got from the above quote, very stupid of O Flatartha

Ballyroan Abbey’s Padraig McMahon responds to statements in today’s media.

Former Laois senior footballer and Ballyroan Abbey club member Padraig McMahon would like to correct media comment regarding his decision to withdraw from the Laois senior football panel for the remainder of the year.

“Regarding recent comments about my decision to leave the Laois senior football panel for 2015, I would like to clarify that there are a number of reasons as to why I can no longer commit.

I was very disappointed to see some articles today that I felt somewhat ridiculed my decision to leave the Laois panel at this time.

I have loved every second of my last 10 years playing for Laois and made my best effort to commit this year but with my full time work commitments as a secondary school teacher, the birth of my daughter Penelope, finalising the build of my new home and maintaining a farm I felt I could not continue to give the required level of commitment that TomĂĄs and the team deserve at the moment.

Personally I didn’t wish to make any statement or comment on why I was leaving but I felt aggrieved at the fact that some articles published today poked fun at my decision and made light of what is a very tough call for any player to make in his career. I don’t want to make a big deal of it but I wanted to clarify my position as I would hate to think my family, friends and importantly Laois supporters would think that mine was an easy decision or one that was made overnight.

I don’t wish to comment any further on the matter and wish Tomás and the team the best of luck.”

Padraig McMahon, Ballyroan Abbey Gaa Club.

Penelope?

Deary me, why would he do that to his own kin.

Merciless.

:clap:Bomber

The team, captained by Kieran Donaghy is as follows:

1. Brendan Kealy Kilcummin

2. Pa Kilkenny Glenbeigh/Glencar

3. Mark Griffin St Michaels/Foilmore

4. Paul Murphy Rathmore

5. Jonathan Lyne Killarney Legion

6. Peter Crowley Laune Rangers

7. Killian Young Renard

8. Anthony Maher Duagh

9. David Moran Kerins O’Rahillys