National Football League 2015

Itā€™s nothing against Kilkenny, itā€™s just O Gara does a job no one else on that panel can do, he was an easy target for the yahoos and now itā€™s plain to see how his loss is felt.

Kilkenny is coming back slow alright, Iā€™m sure heā€™ll catch fire in time but heā€™s definitely still feeling his way into it.

I thought the last year Dublin won all Ireland Kilkenny wasnā€™t really suited to the speed at which Dublin playedā€¦now with nearly every team going blanket defence against them I think he is needed more than ever at number 11 to get on the ball and thread passesā€¦ Once again I think its clearly obvious Dublin really lack a really tight man markerā€¦

[QUOTE=ā€œSidney, post: 1122407, member: 183ā€]Dublin didnā€™t particularly want to win today and thatā€™s the bottom line. Theyā€™re going to win this league in spite of themselves.

What I saw of the Cork-Donegal match was like a training session.

20,000 was a miserable crowd. Canā€™t particularly blame those who stayed away.[/QUOTE]

that post sums up the national football league really, not really too sure if cork / dubs gave a shit really, from listening to Gallagher after the game Donegal werent getting too carried away either, maybe Monaghan were treating it like an all ireland final, fair enough.
That odious cunt Martin Mchugh who was clearly seething on Sunday sport last night that a half fit and overweight Colm O Neill mugged off the alleged defensive ā€œsystemā€ of Donegal made a decent point that the league semi finals really are surplus to requirements and not needed, the extra couple of games will be handy for Cork and dublin as they wont get a serious game again until the august bank holiday weekend and the all ireland quarter final but the championship for the ulster counties does start at end of May and they are probably more focused on thatā€¦
the whole thing has an entirely predictable look to it already tho, Dublin are way ahead, kerry/mayo/donegal are in there behind, then youā€™d have Cork and maybe Monaghan, id fire in Down and Roscommon or Tipp to make up the all ireland quarter finals but they are three from an utterly shit packā€¦
Dublin to walk to another all irelandā€¦ Cork/kerry outside betsā€¦ the rest are only also rans

[QUOTE=ā€œmickee321, post: 1123024, member: 367ā€] entirely predictable look to it already tho, Dublin are way ahead, kerry/mayo/donegal are in there behind, then youā€™d have Cork and maybe Monaghan, id fire in Down and Roscommon or Tipp to make up the all ireland quarter finals but they are three from an utterly shit packā€¦
Dublin to walk to another all irelandā€¦ Cork/kerry outside betsā€¦ the recent are only also rans[/QUOTE]

Iā€™d fancy Kerry , if gooch gets back to form, to beat the dubs if they met in finalā€¦Dubs will struggle defensively against a team with more than one top class scoring forwardā€¦as it is they are struggling against teams with just one !.. they donā€™t have a tight man marker and they also donā€™t seem to know how to play with an extra defenderā€¦Dick clerkin even managed to solo straight in for a few points un challenged yesterday ā€¦

[QUOTE=ā€œcaoimhaoin, post: 1083560, member: 273ā€]Who writes for them? Itā€™s not the first time I have seen people put Cork in the mix. They might slip Dublin as first games can be a bit funny and the Dubs may not be at full strength. By my calculations that would add to 2 other wins I think they will pick up. 4 is low enough to go down, but 6 is not enough, generally, to make semiā€™s. If you look at the fixtures avoiding relegation would be an achievement.
[/QUOTE]
You must be delighted that Cork avoided relegation Kev

:oops:

Yip. Papering over cracks somewhat, but ya, good performance. Fitness is superior to most now though. Weā€™ll see what they are like in July/August.

CK is the replacement for Alan brogan. He is not an inside forward, thatā€™s why he lays off ball, he is better facing the goal.

Offaly forwards look quite lively here when the ball goes into them. I count four Caltra players alone in the forwards. Anyone know the full number of Caltra men in starting 15?

Thatā€™s a lot of Galway men to be on an Offaly team.

Good save from the podgy Longford keeper who is wearing tights.

Longford have hit 7 wides in 15 minutes.

Thereā€™s an 8th wide. At this rate Longford could hit 30 wides in the game.

Really poor standard of football on display, played at challenge match pace. These two meet in the championship in two weeks, this game is like shadow boxing with both already promoted. For teams outside division one, is there a need for a league final i.e. these division three and four finals in particular tend to be non events.

Anton Sullivan is a fine young player, his brother Padraic is tasty as well but suffered his second ACL 2 or 3 weeks ago. Anton lorded it for Enniscorthy in the Schools All Ireland in recent years.

This game is dull as shit though, both teams hiding.

Goal for Offaly, shambolic defending at the back.

Sickened was just after loading up a bet slip with Offaly to win at evens and then they score a goal. :mad:

Great save from the podgy Offaly keeper.

Wide no.9 there.

Have Longford no-one else to hit a free? This guy is a disaster.