National Gaelic Football League 2018

Yea college games should be all played off before Christmas. They wonder why young lads are getting hip surgery in their early 20s then. Was Mark Collins going for goal with that shot I wonder. Marvelous footballer. Corks answer to Ciaran Kilkenny.

I really dislike Fitzmaurice

He is smarmy and unnecessarily grumpy. But his decision making and thereafter covering up of it is a joke.
His reaction to the kudos Cian O’Neill got from players in 14 as well was eye opening.

Players who have been named by their county shouldn’t play Sigerson

The players thought o Neil was a “bluffer”

Not a student of it like CK though. Just goes out and plays without too much thought. Now thing is that may work with Ronan Mac who is a great man for empowering players

1 Like

They didn’t. I have talked to a few and talk to one still regularly enough. Time has shown to them how much he did.

Fitzmaurice sent out toalkohemhe message he was and bluffer because he is rightly insecure about his own ability.

I don’t think the players would like their scholarships being taken away from them

Tough shit. They get enough and they have a choice to make.

You are as dumb as fuck

I have a extremely reliable source who says this is dub management pressure.

This is 2 d game he pulled out of and both late enough too

Is your source Wooly’s tweet above?

4 Likes

What does "losing his scholarship " entail? I’m not familiar with how these work with GGA players.

They’ll murder his family

1 Like

No a DIT player I am coaching

Not getting 3-5 k next year. Depends on school and type of scholarship

Dublin GAA will pick up the shortfall for Hrian Boward.

He might move to DCU :joy:

You say that jokingly, but…

1 Like

You can definitely see why a fringe player on the Dublin panel would rather play League football, and give it his absolute best shot than play Sigerson.

It’s grand if you’re an established player and just have to keep fit & have a bit of form to get your place. If you’re on the fringes, you need to take every opportunity you can get to prove you’re good enough.

And there is no comparison between playing Sigerson and playing for your county. Obviously, there are the monetary issues for most college intercounty players now.

1 Like