National Gaelic Football League 2018

That’s if it’s his choice.

Mind you i’d say DIT which is a little disjointed anyway is not like playing for UCC or UCD where there is alot of history and it’s alot of craic.

Brian will get his scholarship back by backing himself to win young footballer of the year

1 Like

Is that priced up anywhere?

It’s grand to play it like, it’s better than training and I’m sure it’s a bit of craic alright but nobody has ever grown up dreaming of representing Mary I or UCC or NUIG in the Fitzgibbon/Sigerson.

Whereas representing your county… or even your club, that’s something that’s with you from a very young age and drives a lot of people on to become the players they are.

Honan actually talked about it recently, he was in UCC, and he dismissed the college competitions compared to club/county. Which is obviously understandable. I think most county players wouldn’t play if it weren’t for the money factor to be honest; they wouldn’t be allowed by their managers. But you’d be mad to turn down a scholarship, college can give you a lot of free time for hurling/football that you wouldn’t have if you’re working.

1 Like

That’s a load of cock.

You clearly know little about that game.

Not all county players get scholarships for 1.

Of course County is no.1.

But that’s hardly the debate here. They should not be made choose.

Players are liable for return of scholarship if they break rules you know.

The main point is there should be no clash. The playing of David Clifford twice now is particularly stupid and short sighted and selfish

???

Bizarre outburst?

I don’t think you disagreed with anything I said?

I know little about what game? The college game? I’m not that long out of college; a good of my friends would have played for various teams.

And I know players are liable for return of scholarship?? I didn’t say anything to suggest that… or about Clifford, of course he shouldn’t have played. And there should be no clash, again obviously, but the GAA have literally just re-organised the intercounty season; there is no part of the year where there wouldn’t be some sort of clash.

I dunno, maybe you were replying to another message?

1 Like

He’s dead right. County before place where you to get an education.

Agree fully.

To think they scrapped the u21 Championship to keep Sigerson in its current format. Ridiculous.

County players should not be playing University football. Most people have to take out loans and work part time jobs to fund their university studies, GAA players get this fee thanks to their paid hobby. I see another Mayo student received a brand new car free of charge.

Agreed. He should drop back in the scholarship this morning to prove his point.

Thought shit for universities. They shouldn’t be spending public money on that nonsense in the first place.

Say wha?

If they give these guys scholarships for a hobby then they deserve all the hard luck possible. Entry to universities should be on academic grounds only.

1 Like

What about other sporting scholarships?

Same principle.

All sports?

Yes. That’s what I said.

In just Ireland or all Universities around the world?

Just because you owe the British Government a fortune to pay for your qualification doesn’t mean we all do. In the south most get their education for the minimum.

All.

My debts are paid back.

It is no wonder you’re all entitled snowflakes down here.