National Gaelic Football League 2018

Tyrone strolled to an All Ireland semi final.

Are they a fair bit off Dublin? Yes.

Are they the best team in Ulster at present? Yes.

Is Ulster a pale shadow of itself and now the weakest province? Yes.

2 Likes

Just shows where we’re at, scores could come from anywhere really. We’ll be hard stopped now.

Is it?

There must be an extremely high standard in Ulster so as 3 of the 4 non-assigned last 12 spots last year were taken by Ulster teams.

1 Like

There are no elite teams in Ulster.

1 Like

Pitch inspection in Inniskeen at 9am for monaghan v the cute hoors.

Getting to last 12 is your criteria for assessing strength? Of the Ulster teams in last years last 12, Donegal exited after a 15 point hammering, Down an 8 point hammering, Armagh an 18 point hammering and Monaghan and Tyrone both 10 point hammerings.

2 Likes

Every province is guaranteed 2 teams in the last 12 regardless of quality so the last 12 generally offers the barometer of quality in that regard.

In last years qualifiers an ulster side faced a non ulster 14 times with the ulster province winning 9 times.

2 Likes

Before I go off betting, which games have been called off today?

Monaghan v Kerry is off anyway.

Bright conditions now should melt the sprinkling of snow this morning and the Connacht Clasico in the Stadium will go ahead barring a major deterioration in the weather here, which, to be fair, is always likely in Galway.

Cavan-Meath is also off.

That was ten minutes ago.

There are now dark grey skies as far as the eye can see and it’s snowing again.

That’s a fucking joke about Monaghan-Kerry.

They announced about 9 it was on.

Absolute shower of incompetent idiots

I do not remember games being called off this willy nilly in the past.

Do others?

The GAA can’t control the weather as far as I am aware .

4 Likes

With the exception of Croke Park, GAA pitches can’t really take any sort of rainfall.

Two fingers to @carryharry there from derrick lynch.

Are you for real. They knew this was coming with a week.

It’s mind boggling dumb.

Make a decision and go with it.

These pitches in worse nick were playable in worse conditions years and go from my memory.

It’s and go complete insult to people travelling and god the players. It’s farcical

That’s incredibly false.

You have no idea