National Gaelic Football League 2018

What bog ball game is being shown live today?

Ya true very few people are inconvenienced by these cancelations anyway. The type of lad that travels from kerry to Monaghan in February for a league game probably hasn’t much going on upstairs anyway.

2 Likes

Actually quite a few are.

But firstly the players.

And plenty pitches can take lots of rain

Is Longford Armagh on?

I think he is for real in his assertion that the GAA can’t control the weather.

You’re suggesting that the match should have been called off a week ago?

You now appear to be suggesting that players should be made play in dangerous conditions.

Now that’s mind boggingly dumb.

It’s incredibly true.

GAA pitches by and large and very poor when it comes to drainage. The North gets a lot of rain and very few of the pitches are capable of taking it. Matches in Brewster Park and Healy Park (in particular) are in grave danger any time you get sustained moderate rain.

You seem to be very ignorant on GAA matters so probably best you keep your incorrect views to yourself.

Fella there is 4 pitches within 10 miles of me that are unbelievably good at it.
Nemo
Clough Duv
Eire Og
Blarney.

All have top notch drainage systems that allow games be played.

It’s a farce this is happening. Club games going on everywhere

All the money Tyrone have spent and they did not sort the pitch? For real?

1 Like

Shut up to fuck, it’s being raining consistently since last August in parts of Western & Northern Ireland you half wit.

2 Likes

They are not dangerous. Don’t be a complete fanny.

Calls could have comfortably been made yesterday.

And once you say go ahead today at 9am there should no no turning back.

As far as I am aware there is little to no difference in rainfall between north and Republic of ireland

Pretty sure the rainfall is similar everywhere or close enough to have similar decisions to make.

You fucking stupid cunt

Pretty sure or just guessing? You’re an awful fucking ape.

You’ve backed a few teams this weekend, obviously pissing & moaning as games are called off. :rollseyes:

Most county grounds, as witnessed this weekend, have substandard drainage issues.

Games are off in Cavan, Derry and Monaghan this weekend. Only Armagh have a home game going ahead in Ulster this weekend.

GAA pitches cannot handle this type of weather.

Some or worse than others but the rainfall over the weekend would not have been handled by GAA pitches which are third world in their drainage systems.

Roscommon recently had the GAA fund a new pitch at Hyde Park for them.

Am I don’t think I have any game affected you fuck wit.

I work with a few players and the messing and bollixing around they are experiencing is off the charts.

Apparently Monaghan could have moved game to another pitch but decided not to. They have previous of doing the right thing though when they moved a game to a club ground for Cork a few years ago as they were up and had travelled.

The Cavan game was on and off 4 times.

It’s just stupid. If pitch is not able for ut you know that in advance.

I ran briskly past Wexford Park at 12.15pm and it’s all systems go. I’ll head back over the game now in a couple of minutes.

None of those pitches would be playable in Monaghan, it bucketed down yesterday.

Cian O’Neill is some cunt.

Paudie McNulty in for McClure in a late change to the Tyrone side.

You don’t know that.

There is obviously many club pitches better equipped than county grounds.

Anyway, the point is. Make the call and stick to it

On a positive note. Ronan Mac allowed a couple of subs play with their club during the week and as late as Friday night.

Good to see some sense.

Okay Mr Regional Weather Man, we’ll take your experienced call here as gospel. Case closed.

2 Likes