National Gaelic Football League 2018

I thinks he has quite clearly made shit of your pointless whinge.

Bert and Ernie as anticipated, ah lovely :clap:

If you can’t see my point, then you won’t see my point.

1 Like

Dunlin work hard.
They make improvements in areas if better ideas come along.
They trust coaches and people to do their jobs
They work hard on weaker developed gaa areas (I have friends involved in Clan Na Gael, they are making some effort with no tradition)
They use professional people to develop amateurs and amateur coaches
They do their best for dublin.
They don’t give a fuck about others.

It’s a fairly simple concept.

Population is not be all and end all.
Anyone involved in sports would know even a big club can only produce so many and be useful to a County. Hence why from a Dub perspective Kilmacud et al superclubs are not good on many levels.
But amount of clubs matter.

Now I know Cork has way more clubs than Dublin. So what’s our excuse?
I would guess Kerry, Galway, Mayo, Tipp would all rival or have more clubs than the dubs in respective aports

Money and population matters. But a he’ll of alot of other things do too

2 Likes

All have way less clubs than Dublin and Cork. Only 50 clubs in Mayo which is surprising enough. Antrim and Limerick are the closest to Dublin and Cork. There must be a load of tiny clubs in Cork?

Why?

Very few tiny clubs.

Cork is massive

What are the numbers exactly and where did you get them?

Difficult to read, but if you zoom in, you’ll see enough

So Dublin has 134 with a population of a million.
Kerry has 73 mostly football only with a population of just under 150k

Mayo has 50 and again mostly football with population of 130k

Kerry and Mayo are not at a major disadvantage numbers wise to Dublin. Geographical situation and socio economic issues aside

Tipp is a dual county and very much matches Kerry numbers. They are doing an incredible job really.

Questions should be asked about

Meath
Cork
Laois
Kildare
Limerick
Down
Antrim
Wexford

Anyone from there giving out about Dublin should leave it really.

It is but nearly 260 clubs is crazy

Bar an occassional Inner city Junior B club there for sake of it there should be more urban clubs to be honest

Laois’ problem is Portlaoise. Huge town, one club, and now that club cant even find an executive. Croke Park, Comhairle Laighean and Laois GAA need to step in and carve it up.

That and the amount of jackeens moving down to Laois. Thats a major issue also.

Should be 3 clubs there minimum

in what regard? that those counties have high populations but arent competing? or club numbers?

Generally should be doing better

O’Rourke, Parkinson, McKenna and Gilroy at a glance. A bit of introspection wouldn’t go astray.

They remind me of ladies section in a club giving out what the men have.
A) Have you asked for it properly?
B) What do you plan to do with it when given it?

1 Like

It’s giving me a pain in the hole now.

And when Cork people start. Jesus christ :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

2 would at least suffice, there are 3 clubs in the same parish working out of the town as it is, but another in the town would solve a lot of the issues. Portlaoise moving their grounds out of the town was another clusterfuck.

Personally I think another huge issue in Laois is Mountmellick. A large town with one club for the most part, and Junior B at hurling and down in Intermediate in football. A fucking joke of a setup in a shithole of a town.

1 Like

Parkinson is regularly discussing Laois’ issues, a very ill informed inclusion in your list. A bit of research wouldn’t go astray.

Says the Laois man who moved to Dublin*.

*actually Fingal but that remains in Dublin gaa for the moment.