Neil Francis

That’s a bit ghey.

No mate, i’m not. Would it make a difference to our e-relationship if I was?

absolutely not mate

Nigel Owens on Newstalk with Pat Kenny in a few minutes now after the 10 o’clock news.

That’s great to hear incase I should ever catch it.

:rolleyes:

is it genetic, contagious, or as a consequence of surroundings?

Discrimination.
If you never leave Ireland you can’t be expected to understand other cultures, but homophobia an discrimination happens everywhere. It’s all the same in the seance of it being a struggle.

[quote=“mickee321, post: 904636, member: 367”]That is my point , and that’s a decent post as well gman:clap:
lock the thread[/quote]

No it was not your point, you got it completely wrong, so stop jumping on gmans articulate post.

Anyone who thinks it’s easy for gay prople now is having a laugh. We are very lucky in Ireland to have confronted it very well and maturely. I can tell you we leave most other countries in our wake in terms if acceptance, tolerance and general open mindness

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 904682, member: 273”]No it was not your point, you got it completely wrong, so stop jumping on gmans articulate post.

Anyone who thinks it’s easy for gay prople now is having a laugh. We are very lucky in Ireland to have confronted it very well and maturely. I can tell you we leave most other countries in our wake in terms if acceptance, tolerance and general open mindness[/quote]

you’re not here to see the ‘debates’ on same sex marriage at the moment Kev. you might think its confronted well and maturely, until you hear some of the arguments and debates against it. and its not a minority, by any stretch. the whole John Waters Iona shit lately is an indicator of that. the Times readers letters for the last few weeks have been entertaining to say the least.

I think its similar to most places to be honest, the younger generation dont give a crap really, but the older and old fashioned lot are totally against it.

[quote=“Gman, post: 904686, member: 112”]you’re not here to see the ‘debates’ on same sex marriage at the moment Kev. you might think its confronted well and maturely, until you hear some of the arguments and debates against it. and its not a minority, by any stretch. the whole John Waters Iona shit lately is an indicator of that. the Times readers letters for the last few weeks have been entertaining to say the least.

I think its similar to most places to be honest, the younger generation dont give a crap really, but the older and old fashioned lot are totally against it.[/quote]
You don’t have to leave the forum to see it to be honest. Of the regular posters on here, at least 50% seem to be homophobic on some level.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 904682, member: 273”]We are very lucky in Ireland
[/quote]
Welcome home Kevin

I don’t know but personally I think along freudian lines and it is something that develops in our first few years and our relationships with our parents- I think we are all born with blank canvases to a degree but some people’s brains are more open to go down Route A,B, C given a specific set of circumstances. However, there has been some research to show that gay men react the same way to hetro women in relation to things like male pheromones so it is just as plausible that gay people develop that way in the womb and are born into the world gay and not something that develops later- What’s clear is it is not a life choice as some ancient religious cunts would like to have you believe. Go way with your genitics you bollox.

[quote=“Gman, post: 904686, member: 112”]you’re not here to see the ‘debates’ on same sex marriage at the moment Kev. you might think its confronted well and maturely, until you hear some of the arguments and debates against it. and its not a minority, by any stretch. the whole John Waters Iona shit lately is an indicator of that. the Times readers letters for the last few weeks have been entertaining to say the least.

I think its similar to most places to be honest, the younger generation dont give a crap really, but the older and old fashioned lot are totally against it.[/quote]
I read about them Gman. It’s probably down to education, but it’s not just the older crew in Oz or US that are homophobic. And from experience Ireland is far more tolerant socially than here or US.

I would never judge public opinion on what letters get published (a good paper will always put up both sides) or indeed the media at all. They need controversy. People like Waters give great copy, like Francis. Francis for instance represents the rugby and journalist fraternity, and I know absolutely he is is in a tiny minority in both. If you actually talk to people most will actually say " I don’t give a fuck, each to their own".

I do agree the younger generation bring it further again, but I would include my generation in tht as well. But honestly, it could be a Cork thing, and rural and small town attitudes I would believe could be a bit further back.

If a man makes a conscience lifestyle decision to suck cock he deserves to be flogged imo.

I’ve nothing against Gays who are born that way practising their depraved actions in private but choosing to suck cock without being genetically predisposed to such an action is a lifestyle choice akin to taking up drugs or self harming. You deserve no equal rights.

I hate being so graphic about this, but the assualt on mother nature’s ways by the incessent gay agenda being pushed at every turn has people thinking Gays are the most victimless people on earth.

Perhaps if we stop to think of what these people are doing to each other when the lights go out we might start to row back a little?

[quote=“Special Olympiakos, post: 904704, member: 366”]If a man makes a conscience lifestyle decision to suck cock he deserves to be flogged imo.

I’ve nothing against Gays who are born that way practising their depraved actions in private but choosing to suck cock without being genetically predisposed to such an action is a lifestyle choice akin to taking up drugs or self harming. You deserve no equal rights.

I hate being so graphic about this, but the assualt on mother nature’s ways by the incessent gay agenda being pushed at every turn has people thinking Gays are the most victimless people on earth.

Perhaps if we stop to think of what these people are doing to each other when the lights go out we might start to row back a little?[/quote]

this post actually completely points out an argument that is now running which I had in my last post but deleted it as I couldnt describe it well enough. the above is a perfect example of it (whether intentional, or a WUM I dont know, but it is the thoughts of a lot of homophobes).

People are getting completely hung up now on the actual sexual act of being gay, and for some reason, want to think about it in such a graphic sense so as to be totally opposed to it. Its a completely mind boggling argument.

there are sexual acts undertaken by hetrosexual people that I would find depraved and disgusting, but it wouldnt mean I am against hetrosexual people doing what they do or living their life as they please. why the need to judge peoples life based soley on what they might or might not do in the confines of their bed I dont know.

[quote=“Special Olympiakos, post: 904704, member: 366”]If a man makes a conscience lifestyle decision to suck cock he deserves to be flogged imo.

Perhaps if we stop to think of what these people are doing to each other when the lights go out we might start to row back a little?[/quote]
o_O …wind up?

Ever ride a girl up the arse @Special Olympiakos?

[quote=“Gman, post: 904710, member: 112”]this post actually completely points out an argument that is now running which I had in my last post but deleted it as I couldnt describe it well enough. the above is a perfect example of it (whether intentional, or a WUM I dont know, but it is the thoughts of a lot of homophobes).

People are getting completely hung up now on the actual sexual act of being gay, and for some reason, want to think about it in such a graphic sense so as to be totally opposed to it. Its a completely mind boggling argument.

there are sexual acts undertaken by hetrosexual people that I would find depraved and disgusting, but it wouldnt mean I am against hetrosexual people doing what they do or living their life as they please. why the need to judge peoples life based soley on what they might or might not do in the confines of their bed I dont know.[/quote]
People who have these views are clearly seriously mentally ill.

You’re all so in tune with such empathy with the true feelings of the gay individual and how they should be treated by society which tell me one thing. You’re all cum swallowing faggots, as I suspected all along.

Nigel Owens spoke very well I thought