Netflix

It is the weakest by a distance alright. Seasons 2 to 4 are peerless though

I dont watch a lot of TV but Walt is definitely one if the very best TV characters of all time.

By far the best tv I watched this year was Fleabag. Only 2 series. I cant find it anywhere online, I think you might need a VPN. I was only able to watch it because I know someone who had the whole thing saved on their Virgin Media box.

You might be very surprised but honestly Fleabag herself is a brilliant character, nearly even as good as Walt. The whole thing is laugh out loud funny as well and very sad. It kicks the shit of that Normal People shite. I was completely taken aback by how good it is. I know this probably sounds completely ridiculous but I honestly think it might be the best British produced tv series of all time, or definitely their best comedy anyway. Comfortably better than Peep Show (which I love) with way way more depth. Like itā€™s proper art.

1 Like

I think season 5 is brilliant, not the best but I liked it a lot. Todd, the continuous story around Brock etc. It went slightly downhill after Gusā€™ death tbf. Around the time where Hank nearly died was when it peaked

1 Like

Fleabag is on Amazon Prime.

Atlanta and Barry are two excellent dark comedies which you would enjoy if you can find links for them. Both are excellently made

1 Like

And somehow bagged him snaggletooth herself.

Eh - his performance as Landry in Friday Night Lights launched his career you gome.

2 Likes

I actually really like Season 1. I think it is actually very funny. It is fascinating to watch Walt as he enters the crime world and his adjustment such as in relation to practically raping Skyler with a new found sense of sex drive and excitement. There is also a real sense of anticipation about what is coming down the line.

It was superb.

Hell of a sentence

Gretchen : Let me just get this straight: Elliott and I offered to pay for your treatment, no strings attached - an offer which still stands by the way - and you turn us down out of pride, whatever. And then you tell your wife that in fact we are paying for your treatment. Without our knowledge, against our will, you involve us in your lie, and you sit here and tell me that that is none of my business?

Walt: Yeah. Thatā€™s pretty much the size of it.

2 Likes

Cc @MarcMcSharry

Was watching Succession the other night and knew I recognised the author one. Itā€™s Gretchen!

She also in the latest season of The Sinner, which is pretty shite.

Most people would know her as Susan from Friends.

Ah yes!

Only watching Breaking Bad now. Into the last series with about 10 episodes to go. Very good series but struggling to get to the end of it. Havenā€™t watched it in about 3 or 4 weeks as some of the episodes are so slow. They seemed to have dragged the hole out of it .

2 Likes

Itā€™s a very good ending I think anyway.

Stateless is an absolutely fantastic show. About the Australian asylum system and based on true stories. Only 6 episodes so not a big commitment.

The new series of last chance U is the best yet. As much Louis theroux as Friday night lights

4 Likes

Fleabag is pants, no surprise you liking it though, phoebe double barrell shite

Was gonna give it a go alright, I didnā€™t expect it to be of the level of previous seasons. Seasons 1 & 2 are class