Netflix

A very astute observation

I just watched am episode of tiny creatures on Netflix. A kangaroo rat gets hunted out of his hole by a rattle snake. He runs away and a hawk attacks him. He has all sorts of adventures. Then he decides to run back to where the hawk is and gets the hawk to chase him. He runs back to his hole followed by the hawk. Then he comes tearing out of the hole followed by the rattlesnake with the hawk waiting outside. Then he dives off into an old boot by the side and the snake and the hawk have a standoff. The hawk chases away the snake and the kangaroo rat gets his hole back. I am fucking gobsmacked. I donā€™t know how they managed to film or stage this. Itā€™s unreal. Itā€™s the best thing Iā€™ve ever seen on TV.

4 Likes

Is it suitable/would it be enjoyable for a 14 year old girl? We usually watch a bit of TV with the eldest a few nights a week while the others are in bed and I stumbled across that, looked interesting, reminded me of stranger things somehow

Hmmm. Itā€™s violent enough in parts. Thereā€™s a bit of bad language but nothing a 14 year old wouldnā€™t have heard. Thereā€™s some implied sex but no real nudity.
If you are happy with that Iā€™d say yeā€™d enjoy it. It doesnā€™t take itself too seriously. Have you seen Misfits? Itā€™s not a million miles off that but without the nudity. Your man from Laois actually plays basically the same character

1 Like

Is Dark worth sticking with? Couple of episodes in but now sure about it.

This is still the best documentary tv scene involving snakes

2 Likes

Premise is excellent but I couldnā€™t absorb the dubbing, gave up where you are now.

Iā€™m watching it with subtitles but canā€™t really get into it. May leave it be alright.

Plenty of quirky sci fi comic book adaptations out there currently, must be cheaper move patents.

Dirk Gently and Umbrella academy are excellent and available now. Plenty of thought provoking stuff wrapped up in humour and doesnā€™t take itself too seriously.

1 Like

Stick with the first series.

Iā€™ve heard rave reviews but I canā€™t get into it. Probably doesnā€™t help that I keep picking up the phone lately to wage online battles with my ebuddies and then have to keep rewinding it.

2 Likes

You need to phone detox. Put your INTERNET battles to one side for just one hour each day.

1 Like

You have to be all engrossed in each episode or youā€™ll quickly be lost as to whatā€™s going on. I watched it with subtitles not the dubbed version. Its overall excellent IMO.

1 Like

How is Mr Sheehan taken to around portloaise? If he walked past a bookies with a few lads around his own age outside smoking, would he get the classic ā€˜who does ur man think he is boyā€™ sly comments

Seems well liked. Gives back to the town a bit with free acting classes in the Dunamase Theatre and pops into the CBS regularly. His father is a decent fella.

3 Likes

What series are ye exactly talking about here if you donā€™t mind me asking?

Are you on season 2? I havent got near it yet

Itā€™s better than s1

1 Like

Umbrella Factory

Good to hear ā€¦ iā€™ll binge on it this week now that iā€™ve done my bi-yearly Sopranos binge.

1 Like