Netflix

They’d that high a subscription in Russia?

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2022/0420/1293213-netflix-shares-tumbles-after-fall-in-subscribers/

With restrictions all but gone around the world there’s less people under the bed willing to watch any aul shite on Netflix now and actually spending time outside meeting people.

Inflation is biting too. People are looking at ways to cut back and subscriptions are a low hanging fruit currently.

Easy win. You have the best customer data in the world, you put 1 ad in front of every episode and you will coin it.

Talk is that Hulu will merge with Disney+ once the Comcast share goes. I think they’d be as well off keeping them separate and just continuing to bundle the three (with ESPN+) for a special price but the CEO wants to merge the two apparently.

HBO Max is merging with Discovery+ following the corporate merger.

Along with Peacock, you’ll have a Big 4 for streaming along with Apple and Amazon Prime. I can see Paramount getting bought out by Apple. The Fox network and the likes of Sony staying outside of a major streaming service is interesting.

It’s going to be back to the future with most of these offerings as things consolidate and they look for revenue. The good days for viewers ended 3 to 4 years ago and the corporate silly season is also at an end.

Is there anyway they can stop the march of iptv? Mine is flawless on series and movies

It’s much easier to just torrent or use an IPTV service now.

They could do with concentrating on quality over quantity for new material.
They are too big to fail though.
As said above, in addition to too much crap, potentially decent stuff is ruined by being eked out 8-12 episodes.

Better Call Saul :star_struck:

Class ending to episode 3 of the latest series.

2 Likes

At what point does Better Call Saul get daycent? I’m halfway through the second series.

When the brother is no longer in it the show starts. After that it’s top class

5 Likes

He just calved in a photocopying gaff. I presume we have liftoff?

Season four as far as I remember when he’s gone.

No danny masterson, hes still on trial

Started this tonight. An easy watch so far.

Hit and run is a decent show. Israeli spy genre. Ended abruptly enough and no sign of a second season

2 Likes

Fuck them horrible cunts.

The Jared Leto character was too much for me

He is fairly over the top alright