Netflix

Evil Genius anyone ??

1 Like

Itā€™s entertaining. Mainly as itā€™s a true story. Crazy stuff really

Just started this last night
Good stuff so far.

Iā€™m finding it a little drawn out but Iā€™ll stick with it. (Itā€™s probably not drawn out at all because a shitload happens obviously. Itā€™s just not gripping me yet).

For anyone who likes true crime stories ā€œThe Staircaseā€ is a captivating watch. Sorry of a vietnam war vet turned columnist and novel writer who lives a very salubrious lifestyle in a mansion in a leafy suburb of North Carolina. He is charged with murdering his wife. A classic who dunnit story.

3 Likes

Just finished Unabomber. Only 8 episodes but really decent.

Might start ā€œThe Staircaseā€ next on your recommendation.

2 Likes

Give Mindhunter a go if you havenā€™t already.

1 Like

Halfway through The Staircase. Itā€™s long but I think itā€™s excellent.

Much more interesting being done as a fly on the wall as the case unfolds and seeing all the prep work than as a retrospective.

1 Like

Ken Burnsā€™ The Vietnam War has recently gone up. Started it last night, excellent so far.

3 Likes

Cheers for that. I loved his civil war one

Note, he co-directed the Vietnam one but didnā€™t write it.

Yeah the French documentary makers had 650 hours of recordings and compressed it into an 8 hour series. Its extremely well made and you dont hear or see them once which in essence is a proper fly on the wall documentary. Well thats not entirely true actually. Later on in the series in one highly emotive scene you can see how impartiality might not be high on the agenda. Iā€™ll say no more.

What does your gut tell you so far? Do you believe he did it? For me I think he is an extremely manipulative and narcissistic character and clearly a very intelligent man but his recollection of events of that night is extremely vague and the authenticity of that 911 call is under question also.

So far I donā€™t like him. I donā€™t find him credible but I think the evidence is weak and often irrelevant or stretched. Iā€™m not warming to the prosecution at all.

Was there no elevator?

There was some kind of stairlift alright which is used to bring disabled/old people from top to bottom or vice versa.

2nd Season of GLOW is out today.

1 Like

Is that the women wrestling show? Any good?

First season was decent. I liked it.

Two episodes in to this, liking it so far.

Inmate Ed :clap::clap::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s absolute superb IMO. Canā€™t wait for season two.

2 Likes