New Newstalk line up

This is like a lamb going up to a bunch of lions and giving them some lip, it’s not going to end well for the lamb.

:grinning: the guy who wins three world titles is likely to have been better than the fella who couldn’t get a drive th0

For a fella who said he read the book your a fair bit uninformed about F1

F1 is shit but Senna was the best pure driver I ever saw. I understand tell money point you made but it’s all what ifs.
Senna walked the walk for years.

Wasn’t there a lad from limerick who beat Federer once as a junior? Can’t think of his name but he won a grand slam first round once in later life.
Him claiming to be better than fed is akin to Tommy and Senna

Jaysus I thought Chris was going to have a nervous breakdown this afternoon when they were discussing the raft of charged that landlords are going to introduce if the caps are brought in. :grinning:

Fuck him. If I was his landlord, I’d let the lad renting the apartment beside him rent for free.

If I was his landlord Id fuck him out.

Good idea and tell him the next tenant is going in for free.

Prost was better than Senna, mate.

1 Like

Conor Níland?

2 Likes

Byrne is a spoofer, coming out in the papers a few weeks ago when Nico Rosberg win the championship saying what he should have done to Keke Rosberg when he was racing against him🤔 Rosberg snr went on to become F1 champ, Tommy went on to become Tommy Byrne. Ron Dennis wouldn’t have him cos he was an arsehole anyway

Ron Dennis wanted someone with major backing sponsorship wise you daft flute. Senna was a brilliant Driver, unbeatable in the wet but McLaren engineers clearly stated that Byrne did his McLaren test in a car which was made slower than it was capable of performing. Byrne was still rapid quick but his background and gruff demeanor was never going to sit with uppity Dennis.

Byrne was that good but he never had the single minded doggedness of Senna to be No1, he was never going to live the life F1 demanded of him, he was happy to earn a crust and enjoy life. Pity really.

2 Likes

Let me put you in the picture here Harry. The whole McLaren engineers story is a fairytale. If a car is set up to run slower than it should then no matter what ability the driver has , it ain’t going to run at its potential. That’s just physics. Now unless you’re trying to tell me Byrne was some sort of driver with powers beyond the laws of physics I call bullshit on this fella and his loyal band of recently acquired fans.

3 Likes

The throttle on the car was cut back you ape.

And he still drove it quicker than anyone else Ya ???

Do you think these tests were on tracks with 100 mile long straights with no corners & braking involved?

They should have used a Kilkenny drink driving route.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::scream_cat:

Byrne is your typcial Oirish drunkard, sitting at the bar telling anyone who’ll listen about the great career he never had because he was too busy drinking and acting the maggot, London is full of those lads in their 50’s and 60’s. Ron Dennis knew it and sent him on his way. He knew he could not be trusted to show up o a Monday morning because he was too fucked from drink. Thankfully the new generation of successful and confident Irish have come a long way since then, even Byrne knew it himself, a knacker from Dundalk he called himself

3 Likes