New Newstalk line up

Your face is a tortured analogy.

Job security isn’t great in Newscorp.

Same as the pay, the morale and the journalism I suppose.

TBF any man who okayed the current line up deserves little sympathy

And in Communicorp too.

Some interview on Pat Kenny now with some American Special Forces guy. Talk about Team America.

Williams doing the big man routine about cyclists this morning. Coleman seething

Williams has turned me off them altogether. I’ve gone back to morning Ireland.

Cuntish stuff there this morning. If a cyclist knocked my mirror on purpose he wouldn’t have to worry about doing it again. I’ll spare ye the gory details of what I’d do.

1 Like

He has no bit of class about him whatsoever

I flick back the odd time for 5 mins or so (like this morning) and the cringe like feeling to the whole thing makes it too hard to listen. You can feel the awkwardness in the studio not knowing what Williams may come out with at any stage.

He’s nowhere near Yates standard. Even if you were seething with Yatesbury, there is still something likable about him. Williams is trying to be contravertial just for the sake of it and 9/10 Colman can deal with it easily enough

Plus they seem to have a formula of 10 minutes content 5 minutes ads. Impossible to listen to continuously then particularly as the ads are the most low rent possible, of the Rory from Elephant Self Storage variety, for companies I’ve never heard of.

I’m stunned that the listenership hasn’t dropped more. I can only assume they’ve replaced yuppies likes ourselves with Sunday World readers, hence the low rent ads.

I never ever tune in these days and it’s all down to Williams.

2 Likes

They’re chasing the taxi driver demo. That’s the only place I hear NT these days and it’s a shambles. The decline began when they went national. Then they started charging for texts. Then Hook was allowed launch a Political Party’s general election campaign.

If they bring back 20/20 news I might ditch podcasts/Radio 4 and go back.

1 Like

Eoghan Harris sowing it into the public sector here

He tried to issue a snivelling clarification of his comments earlier. Aided and abetted by that idiot Shane Coleman. According to the hack what he actually said was that people should report incidents like that to an Garda Siochana, Coleman reminded the listeners that Williams had over 30 years experience dealing with the most vicious sorts of crimes and it’s ludicrous that he would advocate people taking the law into their own hands.

Williams then revealed that he is actually a keen cyclist and participated in a charity cycle over the weekend. But that was in the country as Paul would never cycle in the city as there are too many road users taking the law into their own hands.

After this drivel was finished we then had a breathless Eoghan Harris gushing down the phone that Leo’s speech yesterday was a clarion call and one of the most impressive speeches in Irish political history.

I promptly change the station, how the fuck can people actually listen to this all morning?

2 Likes

Do you guys listen to Newstalk each morning to be offended ?

I do.

7 Likes

Pretty much.