New York City the greatest city on earth

I ordered one on Monday but it wonā€™t be here on time unfortunately.

I fly Sunday.

1 Like

Just draw them out of the ATM while over there. The FX rate VISA give you is a way better than the bank.

1. Use a debit not a credit card
  2. Get a good chunk at each withdrawal as youā€™ll be charged a transaction fee (still way less than what the bank steal in the FX margins).
  3. If the ATM offers to do the FX conversion at a fixed rate, say no. Thatā€™s just a US bank robbing you instead of a Irish one.

If you really need cash the GPO in Limerick should have some on hand, they only do US & UK so theyā€™d want to. No bank is going to have $1,500 sitting in a drawer. They might have $300/400 though from people selling them. Iā€™d ring around.

3 Likes

@anon32894817 is an old school gambling farmer. He loves the wad of cash in the top pocket of the shirt.

1 Like

jesus that is savage backward, I walked into Thomas Cook off the street here yesterday and picked up $1500

Do an Post not do an fx card that you can lodge money with no commission, use as a debit card over there?

1 Like

I hope you got a reward when you handed it in.

4 Likes

They do but itā€™s a rob. Same problem as cash. That no commission thing is just a gimmick they just have wider margins on the fx rate

2 Likes

Itā€™s 3 years heā€™ll be getting when the Old Bill catch up with him

Thatā€™s a shame. I fly a few days later for a business trip.

Just donā€™t spend all your time in Irish bars.

I fly tomorrow.

2 Likes

Why does anyone need to carry $1500 in cash ? Itā€™s 2017 not 1987!

Withdraw from a ATM when over there as Julio says.

I fly over and back to the UK 2 or 3 times a month. I canā€™t remember the last time I actually used sterling (cash) however. I do everything on my debit/credit cards.

I assumed youā€™d get robbed with services charges etc

Iā€™m heading to a knicks game and an ice hockey game. Iā€™ve a cousin working in the killarney rose pub.

Make sure you have a secure fanny pack to put your money in.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve a wallet that I use at the races thatā€™s used to carrying excess amounts of cash.

3 Likes

Madison square garden is well worth the expensive tickets to get a game there alright. Who are the Knicks facing that night?

1 Like

Iā€™ll be the Dead Rabbit Sunday night

Knicks home lineup

Charlotte Tuesday night
Sacrament Saturday night
Cleveland Monday week
Utah Tuesday Week

A large post office should have it over the counter - think thereā€™s a limit of $500 ish

1 Like