New York City the greatest city on earth

Home fries mate, this place sounds like every other diner Iā€™ve been to

You have a great way with words.

5 Likes

What are grits?

Are you still in New York mate, i would love your take on Scottyā€™s diner.

Thereā€™s a great bar off Broadway called Hurleys. Savage service and drinks. No Irish scum as well which is what i look for in a bar

3 Likes

Iā€™m gone home mate. Iā€™ll make sure to make it top of my list the next time. Your recommendations are always bang on

2 Likes

I had a delightful breakfast/lunch. Iā€™d cheese based sausage omelette with fried potatoes on the side. It was extremely large portion which I struggled to finish. The waiter was a very sound New Yorker who glanced over every time he passed to check if my cup of coffee was low. As we were leaving I mentioned I was recommended this place by a friend who came here every time he was in New York. The waiter mentioned heā€™s worked their for twenty years and are just trying to do their best but nothing brings them more joy than a repeat customer. He was very thankful for the business.

21 Likes

Iā€™m after breaking down crying here.

Was the old Italian owner there? Heā€™d be a low sized fell in his 70s and walks stooped over.

10 Likes

He wasnā€™t. Heā€™s still alive but is only around a few days a week. Iā€™ll head back tomorrow and keep up this beaiutifil Tfk tradition.

11 Likes

weird

4 Likes

That is really fantastic. Iā€™m crying here

5 Likes

Best eating city in the world and youā€™ve a lad heading back for another omelette :rofl:

1 Like

Thinking of booking a weekend in New York early in 2018 just to eat in Scottyā€™s off the back of these two recommendations.

15 Likes

I can see this becoming a little tradition for when TFK members visit New York, the obligatory visit to Scottyā€™s diner. :clap:

8 Likes

A typical shallow response from one of the most shallow posters on the forum. It wasnā€™t about the food; it was about tradition. @Smark has been like a guider to me on Tfk. It was great following in his footsteps this morning.

9 Likes

The hotels are for nothing at the moment, unreal value. Flights cost ā‚¬354 return.

+1 There is a lot of emotion flying about.

You couldnā€™t enjoy yourself without the approval of a few lads on a forum mate :thinking: and Iā€™m shallow? :smiley:
And youā€™re heading back for more diner food, in NYC

1 Like

Heā€™s in NYC mate not Savannah, Georgia.

1 Like

Ground corn boiled in water/milk/butter.