New York City the greatest city on earth

Good spot in fairness. Got fairly messy in there many nights. Good rooftop too and not at all pretentious.

Iā€™m watching in Legends. Shite enough bar but good for sawker.

Iā€™m having a great weekend catching up with old pals.

5 Likes

Iā€™m very disappointed to report on my first NBA experience in madision sqaure garden. I unfortunately managed to be sitting in front of four oIrish fools. One in a mayo jersey and three in rugby shirts. They done everything to be seen on camera/the big screen with ridiculous bellowing and chanting. They all had on what Iā€™d call a paddy cap or as many now call them ā€œpeaky blinder capsā€. These apes really pissed me off and I struggled to enjoy the action on the court.

3 Likes

You really cant be letting these lads effect your experiences on holiday mate.
They are an unfortunate part of life when you travel abroad and your reaction to them is as big a problem as their behaviour.

iā€™m pretty sure @Tassotti struggled with this when he hit the mainland first but you do learn to deal with it eventually.

I assume you didnā€™t make any eye contact or engage with these clowns?

1 Like

ā€œThe day I flew back to Ireland I was heartbroken. When the pilot announced we were landing in Dublin I cried.ā€

:rofl:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Have two mates who did the Bar in NYC in their mid twenties. It was tough but they didnā€™t go ringing a newspaper about it. I donā€™t think they felt they were at a disadvantage cos they were 3,000 miles away - the course is the course.
Will wait for @artfoleyā€™s view on this ladyā€™s monumental and unique achievement.

6 Likes

Canā€™t be that difficult if itā€™s a correspondence course

The must dffiklt gourses in S anf C are by carrespandanfe

10 Likes

LoL.

Expecisllay of yuvee fot fengers.

2 Likes

:grinning:

Iā€™m seriously considering not getting on my flight home. New York has me now.

9 Likes

Well done to this woman but itā€™s not unheard of, Christ newspapers these daysā€¦

You wouldnā€™t be the first fella that done it.Thatā€™ll give your bird plenty of space.Lots of work in NY at the minute if your anyway handy with your hands.

Thinly veiled i was not good enough to get a traineeship in Ireland.

Plans on becoming a judge now in New York.

You couldnā€™t make it up.

I suspect What she will actually do is use the NY Bar qualification to try and qualify by transfer in Ireland.

He could scrub pots for food in Scottyā€™s diner

@anon32894817 and @Copper_pipe are different posters mate :wink:

1 Like

Think another post from Scottyā€™s Diner would set us up nicely for an Ireland win later.

One of the auld italian lad with an Ireland jersey maybe

Too many legal grads in Ireland.