New York City the greatest city on earth

I would too but I knew the bartende from back home in the brass monkey and he said it was actually grand.

Fuck you trumpbot.There isn’t a decent pint of lager to be got in the states anywhere.

I knew a bartender.:grin::grin::grin:

A fella told me recently a good bartender in a busy new york bar would pull in 250k a year. How likely is that?

2 Likes

Very likely

I went to San Francisco on a J1, worked part-time as a bartender in a reasonably busy bar and was absolutely coining it on tips. I can’t imagine what it’d be like in NYC.

2 Likes

Easily. 1500k in tips would be standard on a Saturday evening but you’d work for it.

2 Likes

Would you ever fuck off with yourself and stop spouting shite

1 Like

Jaysus. The man that told me is a barman over there. Him and two of his brothers walked onto a plane to new york within weeks of finishing their leaving all working in bars over there. Brilliant footballers all of them. He told me he loved the football but he loved the thought of the money more :joy:

1500 between the staff… Depending on the pub.A lad in Queens might pull in 500 on his own on a monday at night.He might make 300 on Saturday cause he has to split it.Don’t believe all you hear.

Iv worked the bar probably 1000 nights over the years its a great job as long as its not a kip. You might sweat during it but you would walk out the door and work is over.

4 Likes

Some lads would believe anything

Id love to do a year in New York in a decent pub.

Cunts are googling like fuck here

2 Likes

Only an absolute simpleton could say that. There are fine beers to suit every taste in most US cities and generally a nice range of local brews. You sound quite ignorant.

A cousin of mine did 5 years over there bar tending, came home, built a house and bought 60 acres of good ground and stocked it… No debt. Same fella would charm the birds down off the branches.

10 Likes

Bullshit. Fake News.I know my shit

It’d be a very enjoyable way of building up a deposit for a house anyway

1 Like

I say knowing your own shit is the extent of it.

Definitely. I worked in a bar all through college, it’s a great way to learn people skills.

2 Likes

He’s a complete odd all. Full of anger all the time.