New York City the greatest city on earth

[quote=ā€œHorsebox, post: 759847, member: 1537ā€]Well would you not make her happy and go to NYC then? Girls dream of their weddings and honeymoons from an early age whereas it is just a box ticking exercise for most men.

I canā€™t understand why you are being so difficult here Runt.[/quote]

Iā€™m not being difficult at all. She suggested Vegas as well. Sheā€™d enjoy it.
The thoughts of the flight home from Vegas donā€™t fill me with joy either.

[quote=ā€œTHE LINK WALSH, post: 19950, member: 272ā€]
Thatā€™d be Kilkenny hands down Fagan,I dont know how the fuck the Jeep made it home out of it a couple of nights.[/quote]

:clap:

[quote=ā€œThe Runt, post: 759814, member: 181ā€]
Money is an object[/quote]

In wonder does your W2B really understand what kind of life is in store for her if you are hell bent on scrimping on the honeymoon

It was fuckin freezing last November when I was there but NY just canā€™t be topped.

Sheā€™s from Tipperaryā€¦No matter where you bring her she will be moaning about how they do things back homeā€¦ But best bring her to NY where she will have some chance of getting a galss of finches orange from an Irish barā€¦

As a Tipperary native, i find it very difficult to find fault with that post.

New York can be lovely in November. This is a no brainer. Vegas is good for going on the beer with the lads, going to pool parties etc but Iā€™d be bored if I went there with a bird.

Take her to a ball game at Giants Stadium Runty, Jets or Giants should be in town.

NYC is the winner

:popcorn:

[quote=ā€œThe Runt, post: 761771, member: 181ā€]NYC is the winner

:popcorn:[/quote]
Good call runt

Even if Iā€™d been to NYC 50 times before, Iā€™d still choose it over Vegas.

Vegas is fun for one night but no matter how many times you go back to NYC, youā€™ll always find new things to see and do

[quote=ā€œPhil Leotardo, post: 761860, member: 197ā€]Even if Iā€™d been to NYC 50 times before, Iā€™d still choose it over Vegas.

Vegas is fun for one night but no matter how many times you go back to NYC, youā€™ll always find new things to see and do[/quote]
Queerā€¦

Heading to NYC tomorrow - staying on the Lower East Side. Any recommendations from our seasoned Yanks? @briantinnion @Phil_Leotardo @Big_Dan_Campbell et all??

Stay out of the irish bars

2 Likes

are you going walking in the parade? you roaster

1 Like

It will be full of the gays this year as well

careful pal, the gays have got to rocko.

We call it marching pal

Go up to Ned Devines in woodlawn and youā€™ll meet lots of your townies

1 Like

Food: delmonicos on beaver street )5 mins from Wall Street bull) for an evening meal. A superb steak dinner for 2 will be approx 200 bucks but worth it for quality and old school New York charm. Reservations will not be possible because it will be completely booked up, however call 1 or 2 days before you want to eat there, say you came from Ireland and she will sort you out.

Food: Lombardis pizza between little Italy and china town. First pizza in the US and voted Zagat number 1 pizza in the world. Itā€™s very popular so you may have to wait, donā€™t be put off because itā€™s worth the wait.

There is a Rays pizza close to Times Square, call in for 2 delicious slices of pizza. You wonā€™t need any more than 2!

Colombus park in Chinatown,

Walk across Brooklyn Bridge, fantastic.

Visit top of Freedom tower and ESB. Each one costs approx 30 bucks.

Wall Street, see the old federal building where George Washington was inaugurated as first president of US. One of the trump buildings is next door so it would be nice if Trump had his inauguration in that same location.

Times Square obviously

Central Park, Colombus circle, plaza hotel. Have a drink in the Plaza, it is a bit pricey. Rockefeller center.

There are a few Irish bars around 48-50th and 9th where you can call in for a quick scoop.

Hooters close to Madison Sq garden for the buffalo chicken.

Grand central is certainly worth a look if you have not been before.

4 Likes

Was lucky enough to be taken to lunch in Tavern on the green a good few years back. The fucking place was dripping money

1 Like