New York City

A salad bowl more than a melting pot

I did go out of my way to head to McSorleys way down on the east side. One of the lads at work said eight dollars for two beers…he was kinda right. Eight dollars for two half pints of foam with a mouthful of actual beer in each of them. With tip it’s 10 dollars I’ll forever regret spending.

3 Likes

The dreaded tip, Tis like being extorted

5 Likes

Is Scotties still open? Search gives me nothing.
Any other recommendations?

It’s gone the way of Studio 54.

Go to the big place under Grand Central bridge. It’s not Scotties but it’s big, it’s nearby and does the same food.

1 Like

There’s hundreds of Greek diners doing the exact same food, but o wouldn’t waste my time after breakfast considering you’re in NYC

Just asking for a friend kid. Not for me. I couldn’t afford to go to poor man’s Kilkee

Sure lookit, the Greek diner experience is a must in NYC, but if only do it once and wouldn’t go out of my way to source the best one, they’re all the same

2 Likes

A diner :rofl:

This place?

No it’s very sad but it’s closed for good.

Yeah think that’s it. Standard massive menu of greasy food and pancakes.

1 Like

Moonstruck diners are good, used to be 3 of them but the one on Madison Ave near Bryant Park was a victim of Covid, other 2 still going I believe. Tick Tock diner near Penn Station is also good.

72nd floor of the new One Vanderbilt looking down at the Chrysler Building on a rainy Thursday

11 Likes

Johnys luncheonette is decent - tiny though

Is it any good? I wanted to do this or the Empire State but was shouted down so we did the one on the world trade centre a while back and lucked out with the weather,was able to see half way across the Atlantic. Very pricey though.

I work in construction here so was just there to look at a job site. I done the World Trade, Top of the Rock and Empire Stare building before though and the World Trade Center was my favorite. For views can always just go to a rooftop bar and have a pint, 230 5th Avenue is a famous one.

4 Likes

Was over in NYC (New York City) last weekend. God it’s some city.

10 Likes

Light it up, best whiskey in the world

3 Likes