Next Republic of Ireland Manager

England will be winning a World Cup soonish I’d be nearly sure. Bellingham isbasically their Zidane.

Carsley is a bit like the Tipp minor coach in 07’!

Ireland need a manger with success in the LoI, knows the domestic game and has respect from the fans.

2 Likes

Tommy Dunne!

1 Like

He’s been with France since u18s. Has been talk of him switching to Algeria. Be a good fit for Liverpool actually.

1 Like

Mark Robbins is the man they should be looking at instead of Neil Lennon.

Fair play Im wrong on that, thought there was talk of him going back at 21s. Be perfect for Liverpool, good athlete, good footballer.

Anyone but Neil Lennon

4 Likes

Big Sam is somehow still available. I hope we’ve made advances. This is a real sliding doors moment

Âge Hareide. Age would be no barrier for him. I don’t think the Danes were overly impressed with him though and were hankering for a more progressive manager.

1 Like

Age not getting it because of age would be a great example of a fella being his own worst enemy. Similar reason why Roy Keane wouldn’t get it. I genuinely think Keane would be ideal though

1 Like

Go on then, I’ll do it. List out your reasons

Would he though? He was part of a set-up that lost at home to Luxembourg and drew to Azerbaijan.

Was he involved at that stage? He probably was but I find it hard to recall the exact period he was with Ireland, as so many coaches jumped ship from poor Spock’s set up.

February 2021 to February 2022 it seems. So he had just jumped ship before our impressive 2-2 draw with the under-50 caps Belgium outfit in the spring of 22’.

2 Likes

Hed prime Eriksen and Delany alright as well

He has actually managed a senior men’s team at a high level, and had reasonable success.
He probably has a better managerial cv than any manager we’ve ever had bar trap and o Neill.
He has a better current cv than carsley.
He has experience at senior international level as o Neill’s assistant and even though he fell out with a few all those players are gone now.
He seems a much more reflective mature character in recent years. Relatively speaking,obviously, but still.
He’s one of Irelands greatest ever players and would command serious respect. International football is more about respect and motivation than tactical genius but he’d need a good coach for that. Carsley maybe.
He’s absolutely the epitome of box office and would create a massive buzz and sell tickets.
Saipan is a distant memory and the only people who still hate him are people who hated man united in the 90s/00s and he hates Ferguson as much as them no.
It would be his last chance in management so would give it everything and wouldn’t be seeing it as a retirement home like some contenders.

3 Likes

He is hated and has no manner to him

2 Likes

That’s one subjective reason give me a few more. For what we need right now and given the calibre of other contenders I think he’s well well worth a punt.

Players don’t like him
Supporters don’t like him
FAI don’t like him
Coaches don’t like him
He doesn’t like him