Next Republic of Ireland Manager

Carsley is a “good lad” and “knows the game” which is 90% of the requirements to get the job

1 Like

I’d imagine any half competent manager can park the bus.
Our players are actually not at all bad, and have the advantage that they actually have pride in the Jersey.

1 Like

That sums up my view of the situation.

That’s not to say that he wouldn’t be a success but on the face of it it’s concerning.

Big Sam might change something

Lads are worshipping something that doesn’t exist in fat Sam. He’s a spiv.

1 Like

100% record in International Football deserves respect. He’s up there alongside Pep

1 Like

Looks like the FAI have almost got their man.

https://twitter.com/reptracker/status/1750475749390156144

What will the OTB AM crew make of this.More importantly what does @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy make of it.

whatever view @Mac has on this Ill take the opposite

its served me well so far

@Mac

10 Likes

Would the England u21s bate the Irish senior team?

Everyday, and twice on a Sunday.

Carsley hates the green agenda, active travel and drives a big diesel guzzling jeep. No way should he be allowed have the job.

3 Likes

I find it difficult to believe that somebody with the ability to make waves in senior management would spend the prime of their coaching years in an international underage set up.

Gareth Southgate at least gave it a decent crack in the Premier League first before going into the England underage set up.

Carsley at least has experience as a serviceable Premier League and international player and that’s his main selling point in terms of gaining respect.

The notion that England were looking at him as a possible successor to Southgate was always laughable.

The Lennon fan boys are seething on social media, absolute oddballs.

Lennon is a big Russian and Israeli supporter.

Mushroom Sepia GIF by RetroCollage

England Under-21 managers: Most of these are either fellas past their best or deeply average club managers. Southgate has made a good go of the England job but he’s not a top coach.

Head coach[edit]

Tenure Head Coach/Manager
1977–1990 England Dave Sexton
1990–1993 England Lawrie McMenemy
1994–1996 England Dave Sexton
1996–1999 England Peter Taylor
1999 England Peter Reid
1999–2001 England Howard Wilkinson
2001–2004 England David Platt
2004–2007 England Peter Taylor
2007–2013 England Stuart Pearce
2013–2016 England Gareth Southgate
2016–2021[4] England Aidy Boothroyd
2021– Republic of Ireland Lee Carsley

Incredible he even got the job when you look at that

Be great to have Sam go alongside in the Bobby role

He was 9/1 with the bookies. And the only bike I ever saw a bookie on was one of those very expensive light weight ones.