Next Republic of Ireland Manager

To be fair most of us were and are still firm advocates for the success of the Martin O’ Neill era. I wouldn’t imagine too many on here turned against him until at least late 2017.

Hopefully nobody in the FAI pays any heed to suggestions by Ger Gilroy, Daniel McDonell, Gavin Cooney et all this time.

6 Likes

The players aren’t there to have a side capable of getting out of any group so its just a babysitting job for now

Of course hes attainable, no one fucking wants him

When you see teams like Albania, Romania and Slovenia qualifying automatically for the Euros then you’d have to think otherwise. I don’t think our squad is much weaker than it was in the Euro 2016 campaign to be honest. Organisation and defensive solidity goes an awful long way at International level.

Matt Doherty

The new manager needs to go in and cull the likes of Doherty. He’s a poison to a team and he will rot the next set of foundations if he’s allowed hang around. Retire the Cunt. MON had his number.

1 Like

Albania have a team full of seria a, la liga and bundesliga players by the way

I’d imagine Festy Ebosele will be starting regularly under the next manager. Doherty won’t be a major part of the set-up. Albeit I don’t actually think he’s as bad as lads portray him on here.

1 Like

He’s shocking.

He’s a charlatan

I’d agree with you but hard to see him being any way interested

1 Like

Rafa Benitez is the man for the job.

1 Like

A lad whose had great success with a bunch of Norwegian fishmongers would tick the hipster fan box too.

1 Like

Anyone but Lennon, any simpleton could have won those SPL titles it was literally a single team league for nearly a decade.

2 Likes

Marginally better than the united fans pushing for the sub

He done a bit better in Europe than any other recent Celtic manager.

Well he won’t get any job if he doesn’t take something soon. If he managed a qualification with Ireland he’d pick up another club job.

He’s worth asking.

I support Steve Bruce’s candidacy.

Has managed at a high level with relative success.

Played at a high level & was successful.

Seems like a very nice man indeed.

Wants the job.

His son has played for both the 26 & 6 so he’ll be acutely aware of the team dynamics.

8 Likes

Do fathers learn by osmosis from their sons ?

Lee Carsley laughed at the suggestion of the Irish job? Very strange his 2 buddies Kilbane and Breen are touting him for the job then.

2 Likes