Next Republic of Ireland Manager

I see cooney and these cunts now reckon Spock deserves credit for giving loads of players debuts. That’s what there left with.

Your man hans is it? The danish chap on the guardian football show pointed out how hard it is to qualify for international tournaments once you drop down the seedings and how Denmark who aren’t great any more still benefit from a high seeding.

This highlights how dumb the theory Ken early had about how it’s more important to play good good football and not just get results.

1 Like

What ireland need is someone who came up through the ranks in ireland. Understands the game here, had underage success and is ingrained in the LoL league. Preferably have won it.

Or bring back Stan. He wasnt the worst manager we ever had

Ah Jaysus :joy:

They are all born in England maybe they were talking Southgate’s job.

Ah Denmark are good to be fair. They were excellent at Euro 2020 (2021). Pushed England to extra-time in the semi-final. They were viewed as darkhorses at the World Cup before they capitulated but that happens to many a nation. Talented team now. Hojlund another nice addition to their roster.

His name is fucking Lars Sivertsen, he’s Norwegian and was talking about Norway!

2 Likes

I could be mixed up but maybe it was another country but it had me thinking about about how stupid the likes of Ken early really are when they spouted there’s no point in qualifying if we just play like we did in 2012 and 2016.

You could be on to something. Cat Deeley saying that Patrick Kielty would be a great host of the Late Late Show was the first sign that the deal for the Down man was ON.

2 Likes

Herve Renard to fuck.

1 Like

It’s hard to credit these lads genuinely thought Spock’s idea to completely open up & try to outplay “tier 1” teams with Jayson Molumby dictating the tempo of the game as a Modric/Camavinga hybrid & Shane Duffy holding the team’s high defensive line was the way forward.

10 Likes

I nominate Sabri Lamouchi for the role

• Has vast international experience in the national colors
  • Has managed at the highest level
  • Is very stylish and good looking. This will instil confidence in the team
  • Affordable
  • Speaks fluent English unlike Neil Lennon or Spock
  • OTB have never heard of him

One of his first fatal flaws was he came in and completely overstated the quality of our young players and completely underestimated the quality/challenges of senior international football.

Nothing wrong with being positive or optimistic but he never could back any of it up in the slightest.

The fact he is a bit of an oddball only compounded matters.

3 Likes

Big Sam

1 Like

It’s Lee Carsleys lads. He’ll use it as a stepping stone to taking the England job in the future

Ireland need a big B lister from the premiership like Sam Allayerdice or Warnock, they would bring good coaching and know how

1 Like

Carsley hasn’t a hope of ever getting the England job without managing a reasonably high level Premier League team and even then he probably still hasn’t a hope.

Southgate would never have got the England job without his playing background and 57 caps for England and having managed in the Premier League.

1 Like

What happened to Coleman at Sunderland? He was a bit of a farce was that it? I can’t remember exactly even though I watched it a few years ago. Getting Wales to the semi-finals of the Euros is top class work in the context of being a candidate for the Ireland job, with similar ability/population to Wales. In saying that his career has been a disaster since leaving Wales. Sunderland first, then brief spells at some nobody club in China and then another nobody club in Greece.

I’m disappointed at the replies in this thread - a lot of very non serious suggestions. I personally think either Chris Hughton or Gus Poyet would be great appointments, and both realistic to get. The job is probably Carsley’s if he wants it, and to be honest at this point in his career he should want it.

1 Like

He got the England job because he’s tall and looks well in a suit to be honest.

And Big Sam skulling wine

Wales had Gareth Bale and one world class player goes a long way at international level.