Next Republic of Ireland Manager

Captain slippery fist to the rescue

[Fabrizio Romano] EXCLUSIVE - José Mourinho: “I’m ready to start again. I don’t need to rest or think as usually happens… I’m ready”. “I feel strong and good, I’m really ready. But I don’t want to make the wrong choice”. “I have to be patient. My objective is to start again next summer”.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/roy-keane-ireland-manager-fai-32467229#ICID=Android_IrishMirrorNewsApp_AppShare

Pyjama boys devastated

It’s not Keane, it’s not O’Shea, it’s a mystery.

It’s Big Sam

https://twitter.com/ilkallonas/status/1774084724706693420

Google translate

Gustavo Poget had in his hands a tempting offer from the Irish national team, with a five-year closed contract, however, according to information from SPORT24 , the Uruguayan coach refused, because his priority is to stay in the Greek national team.

The Irish FA wanted Puget as their manager for the next five years, with the main goal of qualifying for the finals of Euro 2028, which they will co-host with the rest of the British nations. The Irish gave Poget two days to respond either positively or negatively, with the Uruguayan technician ultimately not accepting the contract that was offered to him.

Ireland have shown in practice that Pogett is their main target, however the experienced international is clearly keen to wait out developments at the EPO as it is his desire to remain on the Greece bench.

It is recalled that Poget’s contract expires on March 31 and that the president of the EPO, Takis Baltakos, has noted that there will be immediate developments next week regarding the matter of the coach in blue and white , as there will be a meeting of the Executive Committee on it .

Although the atmosphere was heavy, after the exclusion in Georgia, the players have not stopped supporting Poget and in fact in a meeting they had with Takis Baltakos, at the airport of Tbilisi, before the return of the mission to Greece, they made it clear to the president of EPO that they want to continue working together with Poget and are in favor of him staying.

Now, it remains to be seen what the EPO will decide and whether it will propose a new cooperation contract to the 56-year-old technician, in order to guide our representative group in the next Nations League, but also in the qualifiers for the 2026 World Cup.

1 Like

Keano keano keano. Get the pyjamas back out of the hot press lads

1 Like

Enough of this fucking prick teasing, let’s get Big Sam in

1 Like

@Rocko can you reinact that ability to ban people from threads again please?

5 Likes

This is serious @mac, lay off the sauce

Coisty is gonna be some appointment

Who Is even still in the running at this stage? Every likely candidate seems to be ruled out by now.

Big

Sam

OMG

https://twitter.com/kevincronin2000/status/1774572431417467232

1 Like

They said April, but I didn’t expect the announcement on the 1st.

Daniel McDonnell :joy: the poor cunt hasn’t a rashers

4 Likes

Sadly its the FAI who are lacking in bacon.

Give it to Big Sam.

Some smell of want off the FAI.

FAI recruiter

1 Like