Non-Irish Murders

The judge’s pronunciation of some English words is woeful. Are they not comfortable with the English language down there? If not they should be reading it out in whatever their normal language is. This is boring as fuck, i’ve been watching her summation for what must be two hours now.

options are more than here, charges are more nuanced

Premeditated murder
Murder - murder but lack of malice
Culpable homicide - manslaughter
Not guilty
Not proven

I reckon murder or culpable homicide but not premeditated murder

there are also the gun charges

He’s getting off. She’s saying it’s not pre-meditated. He will avoid the worst of sentencing.

Not guilty of either murder category.

Culpable homicide (manslaughter) now looks the likely verdict.

Having watched snippets of the evidence and read a paragraph or two I expect most people will be outraged by this verdict

He will be convicted on firearms charges too

I reckon long sentence but suspended so he will do time served plus two or three years - sentencing hearing is a different day though

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1015150, member: 2272”]Having watched snippets of the evidence and read a paragraph or two I expect most people will be outraged by this verdict

He will be convicted on firearms charges too

I reckon long sentence but suspended so he will do time served plus two or three years - sentencing hearing is a different day though[/QUOTE]

will he make the next Olympics?

I didn’t follow this case particularly closely. From the snippets I did see though the evidence looked pretty strong. Is it a case that the prosecutor Gerrie Nel wasn’t up to the job? Surely any prosecutor worth his salt would have potted him.

Pistorius is a hero in South Africa. The judge won’t want to be classed as a villain for the rest of her life as a result of sending him down.

Acquittal awaits

I await the eventual flood of ‘Pistorius is off to get legless after that verdict’ comments on social media and the likes.

Has been found guilty of culpable homicide

This means that he ‘act negligently but in the belief there was an intruder’.

Get the fuck.

will he be raped in prison MBB?

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1015471, member: 24”]This means that he ‘act negligently but in the belief there was an intruder’.

Get the fuck.[/QUOTE]

Proving that his actions were premeditated was always going to be the difficult part.

A good bit of talk that it will be a non-custodial sentence.

You’ll have to get @Joe Player to give you odds on that mick. I wager he won’t see the inside of a prison cell.

I reckon heavy sentence but most of it suspended and then two or three years less time served

He went 2 bullets beyond a “nally”

Frog Steenkamp

Was Oscar not the one hopping around the place?

Hell probably have to stump up a few quid to the steenkamps