Not another Trump thread, zzzzz

All polling demonstrates that Americans have been moving to the left on social issues, including moral issues. Abortion was legalized in 1974, same sex marriage is legal in all states, there’s now a majority in favor of doctor assisted suicide, pot is legal in many states, etc.

I would say the average American also feels they pay enough tax to support welfare programs, and would blame government for how those programs are so inefficient and wasteful (congress has a single digit approval rating). The US annual budget is almost 4 trillion, and 60% of that is spent on Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and other welfare programs. That’s 7k spent anually per capita, a staggering number. I believe the equivalent UK number (pensions, health care and welfare) is about 400 billion
or about 6k per person. You would think the spending would get more efficient with a larger population, but government doesn’t work like that.

Obsession with gay marriage, move on.

You appear to be the only one obsessed on the subject mate. Why does it bother you that your teashock is a gay man?

Some leader isn’t he.

Irish people should be extremely proud of him.
I can see why a lot aren’t though, the racists, homophobes, and uneducated.

1 Like

Everyone feels they pay enough tax.

Is it any wonder when you see how it’s wasted?

For those interested in actual journalism, rather than promulgating the outright lies that Jeff Bezos would like to pass as journalism, here’s an interesting piece by Pulitzer prize winning writer Glenn Greenwald. Greenwalk is certainly no Republican nor right wing, he was probably the most significant journalist who highlighted the abuses of the Bush administration, in particular the insanity of the Iraq war, highlighted the disastrous foreign policy under Obama which led to the growth of ISIS and the destabilization of Libya and Syria, and is critical of the Trump administration on many issues.

In other words an actual independent journalist who cares about the truth and isn’t owned by an elite like Jeff Bezos, who is worth $140 billion and wants to maintain the status quo including maintaining his Amazon monopoly. Why do you think Bezos is building his new business center near Washington, other than to be able to spend millions to lobby the corrupt assholes in congress who will let him do what he wants.

What’s interesting of course is that every one of the bogus stories highlighted are bought hook line and sinker by so called liberals. It’s fascinating how the likes of CNN, the Bezos owned Washington Post and MSNBC have dumbed down an entire generation. Greenwald is absolutely correct that the one sided reporting on the threat posed by Russia is exactly in keeping with the one sided reporting on the threat that Saddam represented in 2002/2003 which led to he Iraq war.

1 Like

Is Bezos the new Soros?

I wouldn’t say that, although Soros has benefited enormously (worth $25 billion) from direct manipulation of financial markets, while criticizing manipulation of financial markets by others. He is liberal in his views but certainly not extreme. I think Bezos is far more dangerous as he wants to not just maintain his wealth and power but expand it, including controlling the narrative of the mainstream media to achieve that.

When liberals talk about the wealthy and the evils of inequality, Bezos should be their prime example, not the one they absorb their news from. A little like getting their moral compass from Hollywood of all places.

Kamala Harris is running fur POTUS.

Already have her in the auld birds thread

2 Likes

Seeing as you place such store in Pulitzer prizes, can you explain to me why you didn’t mention that the two journalists who broke the story about Trump instructing Cohen to lie to Congress, Anthony Cormier and Jason Leopold (no Jason Leonard - typical - you coudldn’t even get his name right), are a Pultizer prize winner and a Pulitzer prize finalist respectively? :laughing:

Exhibit A…
The story you swallowed hook line and sinker :joy:

Good news. Wan of our own, our local senator here. I like her a lot even though I don’t always agree with her. She might have a bit of difficulty as a former prosecutor arguing the potential DNC position to free all prisoners and abolish the prison system. She’s a very smart individual though, and I’m sure she’s is up to it.

@feck_it will vote for her as well, her dad is from Jamaica. That’s two already.

Em, the story has not been disproved, or anything like it, mate.

In fact the Mueller spokesman specifically avoided disputing the veracity of the story and Buzzfeed have backed up the story.

Yet because you’re only following the far right playbook, you jumped straight into the ffar right narrative.

“Hook, line and sinker”, as you might say yourself.

You proved you had no interest whatsoever in genuine reporting and were merely a pro-Trump troll the second you posted up batshit crazy conspiracy conspiracy theories plucked straight from Fox News, such as the Seth Rich conspiracy theory.

You’re a far right piece of shit and nobody remotely knowledgable about US politics takes anything you say in any way seriously.

We’ve had a proper doozy of a story over the weekend.

This past weekend was the women’s march in Washington, a woman’s march now dominated by anti-Semitic femanazis whose leaders admire the hate filled racist Louis Farrakan (even the Democratic party have withdrawn their support from the pink hats).

Anyway, a group of MAGA hat wearing pro-life Catholic school kids from a school called Covington in Kentucky traveled to Washington to protest against abortion. Regardless of your views on abortion, it is a valid moral position to oppose it, and also one’s constitutional right to protest against anything. They were approached by a group of young Black Israelites (an actual hate group as defined by the Anti-Defamation League), and subjected to an hour of racist and homophobic chanting, being called faggots for example.

To add to the drama, a group of Native Americans came on the scene and decided the white boys were oppressing the black boys, confronted the Catholic kids and started banging a drum in their faces and telling them to leave (not leave the spot they were in, leave entirely as the country belongs to Native Americans). The white kids stood there and some of them even danced to the drum rhythm.

A sixty second clip of this went viral (I think it’s been covered in Irish media) and the Twitter universe went insane. Not just everyday nutters, but many liberal journalists and celebrities called for the white kids to be named and shamed, expelled, beaten up, even murdered. Never mind the fact that they were the ones that were subjected to racist and homophobic abuse, and never mind the fact that the confrontation with the Native American lads was initiated by the lad dressed in feathers backing up the hate group.

As the full videos of the incident have become public, there’s a mad scramble to delete twitter posts, but no apologies to the kids whose lives they are trying to destroy though. What a shower of absolute cunts.

1 Like

I saw that. Absolutely disgusting

Are we supposed to take anything you say seriously at all? You’re like Tossy but without the wit and humour.