November International Series

less of your condescending tone in future please

I watched the Liverpool vs West Ham game. When I switched over at full time to get the rugby score, I had assumed Ireland had won, judged by the reaction of the RTE lads.

In a state of panic, I had to check teletext for the score and it was a relieved TDB who saw that Ireland were in fact hammered.

RTE clowns

RTE crowd are delusional. NZ decided they had had enough pissing around jogged over for three tries in ten minutes. Job done shut up shop brought on a load of subs and wound down. RTE decide that the Irish team had heroically held NZ scoreless for 30 minutes. FFS. As soon as the Irish annoyed them again they jogged in for another try just to rub it in.

Please elaborate.

Just watched the scores on the news.

Good try by Ireland - just wondering when the forward pass became legal ? Did I miss something ?

Yes this along with scrumcaps and shoulder pads is a gradual integration into a World NFL game.

Never have, never will.

got your hole?

Micko has his best game in an Ireland jersey, which was nice for him after an unbelievable week of bad press, disgraceful disrespect from some “journalists”.

Ireland played well,but NZ are incredible, despite the condescending nature of some posters comments, the fact is they did just score at will when they decided they needed to. I agree with Larry, D’Arcy offers nothing in attack and needs to be dropped. Tom Court is a fantastic scrummagger and the scrum in general was good.

There wasn’t 20 points in it in general play, and Ireland got near the line as much as NZ, its just they have better finishers, and they make better decisions. But McCaw was a disgrace last night and the referee should be ashamed of himself for clearly letting him away with outrageous offsides, and listening to him all day, McCaw complained, and sure enough minutes later the ref was penalising Ireland for the complaint. The officiating in general was poor, and 3 tries scored could have been called back, 2 for them and one for us.

Holy fuck but how good is Dan Carter?

Ireland look in a decent position to have a crack off the 6N’s now though, which wasn’t the case last week.

I think you’ll find there was

You are a hater, i get it. Next.

To me it looked like Ferris was mandated to leave the defensive line and go for the big hits. Particularly at the start of the match he was putting in some serious tackles and going looking for the ball carrier so that looked like a planned tactic to me. He had a super game I thought.

Most disappointing players were Kearney who was just far too quiet and uninvolved and didn’t make a tackle of note really, D’Arcy was excellent in defence but poor with the ball after a decent start when he passed it more than usual. And Reddan had a better game than against South Africa but that try just after half time was as bad a defensive effort from him as you’ll see in international rugby. He stayed out on the number 8 when the ball was drifting across and then gets right beside him and allows Read to jog past him. Then a brutal effort at tackling him off the ball which ends in Reddan on the ground and the ball is just handed to Read to jog over. It was indisciplined, weak and cowardly.

Decent performance from Ireland for the most part but O’Driscoll’s analysis about only playing for 65 minutes or so was spot on. We may have had the ball in their 22 a fair bit but they jogged over our line a couple of times and made yards with ease an awful lot. That’s as you would expect but I think 20 points is a reasonable illustration of the gap between the sides. Ireland are way off living with that for 80 minutes.

What posters are you referring to?
Agree with most of your part. Carter produced a varied game that was pure class. Their skill level was excellent throughout. Officiating was poor all right. Annoys me the way SH referees tend to let forward passes etc go in order to keep ‘the flow of the game going’. If a pass is forward it should be penalised end of. Thought BOD should have been in refs ear more as they got away with way too much and McCaw should have been binned on at least one occassion.
On first viewing I didn’t think MOD had a good game. Fumbled a couple of restarts and didn’t do enough in lineout or general play.
Overall impression of us over past year or so would be we are a team on the decline. For next week I really hope we get a 9,10,12 of Stringer, Sexton and Wallace. For the 6N a new lock combination of POC plus perhaps Toner could serve us well. We have some good young players in Ireland at the moment but I think sometimes that no matter what they do between now and 6N they aren’t going to figure in the 6N or even the WC. That is a little dispiriting.

I was talking about the Haters larry, non rugby folk who waste their time running it down on this thread.

I am biased, but that was definitely a decent shift from Micko. Not without mistakes of course, but he led well, tackled very well and carried better than normal.

Another thing, we really have a player in Sean Cronin, not the finished article, but a super player.

The battle of the back rows was immense thinking back. NZ won it overall, but our fellas didn’t leave us down, especially Heaslip and Ferris. Wally is struggling in some facets of the game.

Wallace has been a great servent but the fact of the matter is he will be 35 come the World Cup…Time for O’Brien to be given his chance at openside…Agree re Cronin, always been a fan of his since he first started playing AIL rugby, Damien Varley is also progressing at a rate of knots which is good to see as we now have some decent options in this area, hopefully the likes of Cullen, O’Connell, Flannery and O’Leary are fit and well come the 6 nations…Toner did well when he came on in fairness to him, but he could do with bulking up a bit more but hopefully he develops on…I wouldn’t be too downbeat about Ireland in the medium term(post WC) take the two locks, the two centre’s and Wallace out of that team and it is still relatively young and has plenty more miles on the clock…Add to that the likes of Cronin, Varley, Ryan, Leamy, Caldwell, Toner, O’Donoghue, Ruddock, O’Brien, O’Leary, Earls to name a few we should have the bones of a decent side for the next 5 or so years

We’d never have guessed

I see rory Best has a broken cheekbone after last night, that is him out til the New Year I’d say…Cronin will surely start v Argentina with Varley on the bench

Presume Kidney will keep changes to the minimum and look for the win but wouldn’t mind seeing a few changes…Bring Cullen/Toner into the second row, O’Brien to openside and Stringer scrumhalf

There are several injuries to the Ireland squad following yesterday’s game against New Zealand and three players - Rob Kearney, Luke Fitzgerald and Rory Best have been ruled out of the final game of the Guinness Series against Argentina next Sunday.

Ireland captain Brian O’Driscoll suffered a bruised shoulder during the game with his backline colleagues Tommy Bowe and Gordon D’Arcy picking up calf strains. All three will undergo rest and rehabilitation on their injuries but at this point have not been ruled out of the game against Argentina. A further update on their condition should be available on Tuesday.

Luke Fitzgerald suffered a medial ligament injury to his left knee during the game and has been ruled out of the game against Argentina. The damage is to the same knee that he injured last November, but this is a new injury and to a different part of the knee. Fitzgerald is expected to be out for approximately six weeks.

Rob Kearney also injured his knee and has suffered cartilage damage. He will undergo exploratory surgery this week to further determine the extent of the injury and the period of recovery that he will need, but is certainly ruled out of the game against Argentina.

Rory Best is also ruled out of the game next weekend after suffering a fractured cheekbone. He will undergo surgery tomorrow and it is expected that he will be unable to play for 6 weeks while the injury is healing.

Apparently Toner lifts bigger than anyone else of the Irish players, so maybe we all just have a bad perception of his physical appearance.

You shouldn’t guess, you should be sure.