November International Series

In fairness he took the ball into contact a few times on Saturday somehwhat isolated and he did alrightā€¦Maybe it is just his relatively light frame but hopefully he has a decent bit of scope for improvementā€¦

Fucker :smiley:

I heard a New Zealander say this Saturday night. Its a common enough taunt they like to throw at any Irish person who cares about rugby.
Never have beaten the all blacks, never will beat the all blacks.
I like it.

Rob Kearney is looking a lil shook after Saturday

With Fitzgerald and Kearney both out for the weekend who is he likely to go with v Argentinaā€¦Reckon he will go with Earls and Trimble as it looks the safe option, wouldnā€™t minde seeing Geordan Murphy getting a recall at full back though

Argentina have made three changes to their starting line-up for Sundayā€™s fixture against Ireland at the Aviva Stadium.

Horacio Agulla is named on the wing for Gonzalo Camacho while Marcelo Bosch and Julio Farias Cabello come in for Santiago Fenandez and Miguel De Achaval at centre and in the back-row.

The side will be captained by Felipe Contepomi.

The Pumas head into the clash on the back of a 15-9 defeat to France.

Argentina to play Ireland in the Guinness Series on Sunday at the Aviva Stadium, kick off 2:30pm:

15 Martin Rodriguez, 14 Horacio Agulla, 13 Gonzalo Tiesi, 12 Marcelo Bosch, 11 Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino, 10 Felipe Contepomi (capt), 9 Nicolas Vergallo, 8 Juan Fernandez Lobbe, 7 Julio Farias Cabello, 6 Genaro Fessia, 5 Patricio Albacete, 4 Mariano Galarza, 3 Martin Scelzo, 2 Mario Ledesma, 1 Rodrigo Roncero.

Replacements: 16 Agustin Creevy, 17 Marcos Ayerza, 18 Juan Figallo, 19 Santiago Guzman, 20 Alvaro Galindo, 21 Alfredo Lalanne, 22 Lucas Borges.

Iā€™m hearing Brady will be called up to the squad though havenā€™t seen it on the wires.

Brady? FFS, heā€™s not up to it. Varley is better than him already.

Brady is a good player imo. Down there as cover as Varley restricted to ā€˜ā€˜modified non-contact workā€™ā€™ and only other hooker is Cronin.

I was impressed with him one day with Ulster, but he has been very poor the few other times. Not mobile enough for International.

Whatā€™s Kidneys problem with Earls?
I believe he wonā€™t start either this weekend.

Probably because heā€™s from Moyross.

Kidney doesnā€™t like guys who make it too quickly, he could be testing him. But with the players that are out, out, it makes very little sense.

No Paddy Wallace against Argentina. Not even in the squad. If this were Trapattoni thereā€™d be calls for his resignation tomorrow. Kidney is more of a John Redwood style Tory while Trap is a Ken Clarke. Beyond frustrating at this stage.

He just isnā€™t strong enough defensively for inside centre larry, and his mistake against Samoa certainly didnā€™t help his causeā€¦I donā€™t think it is too outragious of a call, he has a decent set of hands and a good range of passing but he is nowhere near as effective as Dā€™Arcy in a defensive sense as last week provedā€¦He is the wrong side of 30 now and it is hard to see him winning too many more caps barring injury to Dā€™Arcy and McFadden not capitalising on itā€¦To say it calls for resignations is bullshit and yet more melodramatics from you when it comes to Ulster players

:popcorn:

I didnā€™t say it called for his resignation. I said if it were Trap soccer media would be far more critical and there would be people calling for him to go.
Donā€™t accept your theory. He was man of the match against NZ Maori who arenā€™t small and can attack! He was our best player against OZ. He had a bad game against Samoa but Dā€™arcy hasnā€™t put in a performance like Wallace did against those two in the summer in god knows how long.

Dā€™Arcy is no great shakes either at the moment.

wouldnā€™t dispute that he had a decent summer tour but in the managements eyes he hasnā€™t built on it and management obviously feel that he isnā€™t up to itā€¦The fact of the matter is that Wallace isnā€™t much more than an average player at this level in spite of what you think and the management obviously donā€™t trust his ability in defence and mistakes like the one against Samoa only highlighted this furtherā€¦

I would agree with you but as he showed last weekend he is still an excellent defender and is head and shoulders ahead fo Wallace in this regardā€¦

If you canā€™t see he had more than a decent tour you are the one who is blinkered puke.
He has played for Ireland once since the summer. Not been given a fair go of it at all imo.

I actually like Paddy Wallace as a player and have said he here a few times and gives us a decent attacking option but he isnā€™t the top class playmaker that you seem to make him out to be and when it has come down to it management have went for the player they have felt was more defensively sound(as i predidcted earlier in this thread)ā€¦He is 31 now and even after a decent summer tour has failed to build on that and I donā€™t see him winning too many more caps barring injury