November International Series

Blacks will batter Wales, who are in bad shape.

ya it will be 20+ in the difference i’d imagine but it will be full on counter attacking rugby, which is entertaining to watch.

Great tackle from Lawes on his own line and super covering from youngs to prevent the try there…Two excellent prospects

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 528801”]In order of difficulty;

Rugby
Football
Hurling
Soccer
[/quote]
If soccer was the easiest game you played then football must be easier as it’s similar except you can catch the ball.

Gaelic football is by far the easiest out of your list above-any gom could play the game.

Charlie Hodgson.

Nuff said.

I suppose it comes down to an individual anyway, but i guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Disappointede with England here, started very well fronting up in defence but lost a couple of players to injuries and South Africa turned the game into an arm-wrestle, they shaded the scrums and were superb in the lineout and that was the winning of it…England struggled for possesion are are still very much a work in progress

define ‘hun’ in this case please.

Anyone who’s played soccer at any sort of reasonable level knows how difficult it is. The problem for some is it looks simple and everyone has a reasonable proficiency so they think they could hack it at a high level. The fact that you never have the ball in your hand means you’re always there to be dispossessed and this would be cruely exposed if you moved up a level above what you’re comfortable at. obviously the physical aspect and bulked up nature of top players makes rugby incredibly hard but if you’re talking pure skill it’s soccer. A lot of people say hurling but it seems a big proportiong of people who just have a hurley in their hand all the time growing up are good at it, as you’ve admitted yourself. This is shown by the likes of Kilkenny dominating. It’s ridiculous to say they have some natural physical disposition to it, they just play it a lot when they’re young and as a result are good.
The vast majority of people grow up playing soccer for hours and hours on end but they’re still nearly all comparatively shit at it.

Its just i found it easier anyway. Like you said, i played soccer for hours upon hours as well, down the gaa pitch, mixed in with hurling and gaelic. Of course the higher the level, the harder it is. I’m basing this on my own experience, and soccer came easiest, simple as that. Anytime i go back to it or play 5 a side etc it takes me very little time to get into the grove, good touch and all that. I fund rugby harder to do that, and hurling harder again.

I don’t get your argument that soccer is harder than hurling just because we grew up with it. I grew up with soccer too.

I don’t get your last sentence? I think I’m saying the opposite.
Soccer is an easy game to play but probably the hardest game to play ‘well’ ie at the top level.

Soccer is harder to reach the top of because so many more people play it. In other words the standard at the very top level is far higher than rugby or hurling or football. It’s something people forget really when they are giving out about how shit the Irish soccer team is and how great hurlers are for instance.
It’s a stupid argument really but I think you’re wrong putting soccer as the easiest although it’s easy to see why so many people do.

I get ya, but my main point was i got to a higher level in soccer, and found it easier to do that than get there in GAA. So that is the opposite of what you are suggesting, but i also realise you are talking about pro. I don’t think anyone who has played sport thinks thats easy. Only a fool would.

Basically you comparing apples with oranges

This is going to be carnage

Agree with Gola’s point as well about soccer, always found it would take a nice few matches and training before my touch would be any bit right…Know plenty of lads who are decent astro/indoor players(nice feet, touch etc) but would be lost in an 11 a side game…We had a lad play with us a few years ago who was regarded as one of the best Gaelic Football prospects in the county and we had to run him after two games as he was too cowardly and wasn’t able for it physically at that level and this lad has played senior intercounty hurling as well

What do you mean a higher level though?

You prob played Munster senior league or something which is way further below the level of Champions League or even English league than whatever level of hurling you played is below intercounty. If ya get what I mean…
Ah it’s a waste of time comparing them, as puke says, proper 11 a side soccer is a much more difficult sport to play than yer average monday night five a side man thinks. That’s without even going near playing it well either.

I don’t believe an IC hurler wasn’t able for the Clare district league.

Now you’re being ridiculous. they’re completely different sports, as you yourself have admitted.

I don’t know any cowardly IC hurlers.

He was more than likely surprised at the level of brutal tackling and decided not to lower himself.

Honest to god, played two games and was told forget about it, pure cowardly, once he would ship any kind of a tackle he didn’t want to know, he has been on the clare panel for 3 of the past 5 years I would say and made little impression probably down to the fact he is windy as sin, I believe the same lad lorded it at centre back with KIB at 21’s level a few years ago…In saying that Brian O’Connell/Nickey O’Connell and a few of the Gaelic lads would be some of the best players in the league…

:rolleyes:

The Clare Premier Divison is a decent enough standard and there ain’t too many plodders in it, most of the sides in it would take it very seriously(especially the Ennis sides)

Its Junior soccer Puke, and i’m not slagging it, i’ve played plenty of it myself. I presume the best teams would be around the standard of Peakevilla, Fairview Rangers etc.