November International Series

Indeed. Have been impressed with Stringer, Dā€™arcy and Trimble in particular. Hook singled out Murphy for praise which I thought was strange. He hasnā€™t been bad but he was a long way from those I mentioned.

Very poor passage of play from Ireland there, falling off tackles all over the place but the positional defence was decent and the Argentinians just keep making errors.

Oā€™Gara coming on-hope he gets the head boxed off him.
Usually does against the Argies

I canā€™t believe weā€™re not thrashing such an average team.

Irelandā€™s best player over the 4-game series by quite a distance.

Agreeing with Tony Ward is one of the signs of a forthcoming apocalypse.

Second half has been a non event. Disappointing to see Sid having a cut at his beloved Argentina.

Weā€™ve seen the last of the likes of Roncero and Ledesma perhaps, definitely long past their best. Two savage players in their pomp, massive grudging admiration for them both.

Absolutely spot on decision to award a knock on there. :clap:

Of course there is a knock on. How the fuck can Ward and Nugent not see that?

Lovely stuff from Dā€™arcy

Dā€™Arcy caps a magnificent individual autumnal effort this winter.

Darcy :clap:

Shows why Paddy Wallace and Earls arenā€™t within getting a sniff of the jersey off him.

There will be plenty of negativity in the studio but if thereā€™s any team in rugby who itā€™s difficult to play expansive rugby against itā€™s Argentina. Second half was disappointing alright but that was a good performance overall, admittedly against limited opposition. Irelandā€™s execution was much better and matched them up front which was impressive. Plenty of linebreaks which was good to see and a much more cohesive back 3 who looked threatening when they had the chances.

Positives performances:
Stringer
Dā€™arcy
Trimble
Bowe

Scrum held up well and Healy was good in other aspects too. DOā€™C and MOā€™D had all too quiet games yet again. Neither should feature in the 6 Nations imo. Toner did well when he came on and I hope he and Leo Cullen will fight to partner POā€™C in the 6 Nations. Has been a poor series overall and little was learned.

Thought DOC was decent enough Lar, didnt carry much but defensively he got through an amount of work.

He wasnā€™t horrendous or anything but I personally think he is generally overrated by many rugby pundits. I honestly canā€™t remember last time he had a very good game for Ireland. Toner did more in the time he was on than DOā€™C and MOā€™D did combined imo. DOā€™C must take some responsibility that has been the lineout shambles on display in past four games also. Time to look at other options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_l60L7rd6c

Some good leaning there. Not a great advert for the AIL.

The dummy grubber kick deserves a place on the Skills thread

52 seconds. Oā€™Connell trying to run. What an utter, utter wanker. :lol:

My favourite was when they tossed him up in the lineout and there was no on to hold him at the back :smiley:

Good to see Portloaise man Alan Kingsley in action there for the young munster.