November International Series

Load of bollocks statement tbh. All the SH teams are after a long club & SH season. This is a Money collecting jaunt & nothing else.

1 Like

June and November international matches can serve as an incomplete guide, but ultimately the World Cup is the only real proof of where the balance of power lies between the Northern and Southern Hemispheres as it’s the only time international teams from different hemispheres go head to head against each other where it really matters equally to both teams.

1 Like

He will be one of the best forwards in the world in a few seasons. Best Irish underage player iv ever seen

3 Likes

So why did Australia and South Africa used to be so competitive and New Zealand just swat most teams aside? Genuine question btw

Because the NH teams are improving

Occams razor

So if this Ireland team played the South Africa of 5 or 10 years ago they’d beat them by 35 points? Likewise with Scotland and Australia?

Sigh

Is that a yes or a no to my questions?

Youv gotten two answers now from two different posters that you dont want to accept so what can I say to you?

Best ignore the flute.

1 Like

Australia have a consistent history of raising their game when it matters. Only a fool would disregard their performances against New Zealand this year. They have the potential to win the World Cup. But they can’t maintain the extended peak that New Zealand can.

South Africa can still be competitive enough too when they want to be.

Two years ago the last four in the World Cup was New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Argentina. That isn’t very long ago.

From the Northern Hemisphere, only England have a realistic chance of winning the next World Cup.

France have fallen off a cliff, Ireland and Wales will always come up short when it really matters and while Scotland can produce an occasional very good performance, they aren’t even at the level of Ireland and Wales.

2 Likes

That seems to contradict what @gilgamboa was saying. It also doesn’t answer my question about why Australia and South Africa are getting hammered now when they used to be competitive in the November games

@Sidney has contradicted you mate

:rollseyes:

South africa won 2 of their 3 gamea on tour. They got hammered once by a good team who regulalry beat them nowadays

Probably because the game is now so physically punishing that the gap between a really committed and well prepared team and a team who isn’t quite as committed is exaggerated.

I think you see this in GAA too to an increasing extent.

South Africa have additional problems in that their coach doesn’t seem to be much use, but he’s likely for the chopping block in the near future and they still have plenty of time before the World Cup.

Australia are well coached, while it’s always hard to gauge where Argentina really are. Realistically one would think they’re on about the same level as Ireland and Wales with little between the three.

It would appear to me that a big problem South Africa and to a lesser extent Australia have have is that European rugby is taking some of their best players away from domestic teams, therefore they are less competitive at Super Rugby level and it makes it more difficult logistically to keep their international teams regularly competitive.

New Zealand don’t have any of those problems - if you don’t play in New Zealand, you’re out.

1 Like

New Zealand have been quite lucky here so far against Wales

Best is a passanger again.

Good man sid. As I was originally saying and your post backs up, it seems like the Southern Hemisphere teams are much worse than they used to be

Sexton Ffs I rest my case