NZ, UK, US, Sweden, Poland & Cheese eating surrender Monkeys approaches to Covid-19

Again with the lie that Sweden’s approach was “non intervention”. Sweden took a less draconian approach, but the evidence is they kept the spread of the disease and the death rate lower than the average in other EU countries, and considerably lower than the UK, Italy, Spain and France.

What EU country has had the right approach in your esteemed opinion?

1 Like

Is it enjoyable being really stupid?

Just admit it.

Thank the gods people like you are not in charge of anything important.

I could sit back and type insults when I’m losing an argument too but it’s not my style. Enjoy your evening in whatever planet you call home. Heja Sverige

“type insults”

Bang.

I was correct about Sweden. They did not have the disaster that nutters like yourself were projecting, and survived the first wave better than most. Who in early September was predicting the scale of the second wave we are seeing now?

What EU country is doing things right in your esteemed opinion?

1 Like

Ah here

Ireland

“nutters”

Thank the gods.

A small sparsely populated island in the Atlantic? With almost no travel in or out of the country since March?

What do you think the major factors are to explain 60k Covid deaths in the UK and 2K deaths in Ireland?

:laughing:

Interesting to see who are at the bottom of the table (deaths per 100k). Lot of Nordic countries but no sign of Sweden who are at 68.15. You conveniently bring in the worst performing countries when comparing to Sweden but fail to compare to countries that are have more similarties. An atypical mentaller trait when trying to deflect from the truth.

1 Like

What do you think is magical about these Nordic countries like Norway, Finland, and Iceland that has kept their Covid numbers low? Did the virus avoid these places because it doesn’t like the cold? Maybe Nordic facing Vikings have more immunity than Baltic facing Vikings?

I don’t expect an answer so I’ll give you a few to consider. The incidence of Covid is directly related to population density. As we get into the winter and people spend more time indoors that becomes more of an issue. The death rate is also related to age demographics, countries with the highest death rates have both high population densities and greater % of older people (UK, Italy, France, Spain). The exception in Europe is Germany, I would attribute their lower death rate to their wealth and a superior health system.

If you compare Sweden to Ireland, the population density of southern Sweden and Ireland are probably similar, and much higher than Norway, Finland and Iceland. Sweden has 20% of it’s population over 65, Ireland has 13%, a ratio of 1.5:1. The death rate is 68 per million versus 42, a similar ratio of 1.6:1.

You’re welcome.

Sweden had plenty of interventions. Just because they weren’t as draconian as other places doesn’t mean they did nothing.

The favored argument of the lockdown supporters is that Sweden took no measures and just “let it rip” and went for herd immunity. It’s an outright lie, aimed at masking the failures of the governments they support.

2 Likes

Am not saying otherwise. Was parodying the ridiculousness of the Max Covid nutters – the Prince Nut Nuts, so to speak.

Lads are gone soft. Crying themselves to sleep at night over a few dead swedes. Afraid of their lives to entertain the thought that they have sacrificed a year of their lives for nothing.

2 Likes

the lockdown nutcases are driven absolutely demented by Sweden

4 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Did you see Prime Time the other night in the nursing homes. It was tragic. Life is for living. We have to achieve some bit of balance between keeping people safe and letting them live. The Swedes were entitled to try something different.

1 Like