NZ, UK, US, Sweden, Poland & Cheese eating surrender Monkeys approaches to Covid-19

I’d a trip planned (in excruciating detail to ensure maximum enjoyment) around Nevada and California this April but obviously had to cancel.

I’ll be rebooking as soon as I can

5 Likes

The Swedes are odd as fuck. Chewing tobacco is a common pastime in Stockholm. The long days in summer and long nights in winter has them driven buck ape.

A high number of attractive people though.

If I’m honest - the pub thing I can get over, I can have a few pints with a meal, I miss the craic of a hape of pints but ultimately I’m better off without the pub than with it. Sports wise, I doubt any intercounty will go ahead, but playing a bit of hurling & football with the club fills that void.

Travel is the big thing I’m missing. Trips to Iceland, Spain & Morocco cancelled so far. Should be lining up a work trip to Norway in September to kick off a project, one of those trips that would actually be a bit of craic, before trenches are dug and the thing becomes a grind. No idea when I’ll be able to get off this godforsaken island again. :cry:

Feel free to stayed fucked off it anytime you like, next chance you get. We’ve shipped off plenty in the past and gotten on grand.

That’s just nasty. @PhattPike was just having a little whinge. It’s a national pastime. Plenty of room for you here PP. You could fit a family of 4 in behind @iron_mike’s TV sure.

2 Likes

He’s sounding like all these cunts who fucked off the last time the going got tough. We didnt need them, we dont need him if thats how he’s going to be. Morocco me bollix.

Hey I just want to be able to lifestyle choice whenever and wherever I can. I have a right to travel you know (apparently, I never knew this before).

It’s not long ago Laois folk were all about exotic foods, tapas and the likes.

You might even be able to fit 5 of me in there, I’m in the group to whom Covid has been kind. The fun runs played a big part.

Right to travel? Are you pregnant?

The likes?

No, but thank you for asking.

There’s a green list of places you can travel to instead. Work away.

Electric Picnic opened your crossed eyes to all sorts. Falafel and burritos and paying for oxygen and everything.

So we are still all about exotic foods like tapas and the likes.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Saba is always welcome.

Nevada is epic.
I have never yet been to California.

For essential journeys though. I’m not going to go off swanning around Greenland just because I need a holiday. Although I’d love to and there’s a good chance Greenland would be fine, unless the polar bears are riddled. I was just having a little whinge guys, I think I will actually survive without Morocco.

I wouldn’t let what I see or hear on CNN or from Matt Cooper put me off going to America. I have luckily had the chance to see many countries but America has a draw to it thats hard to explain especially if you like the open road and roadtripping. There is nothing quite like it.

3 Likes

I was in Las Vegas before and I drove from San Francisco to Los Angeles before.

1 Like

I can’t get over the pub thing too. I want them open cos I want to have the option to go and because it’s unfair on publicans to single them out when they’ve not caused a single case.

I miss travel too. Big time. Having a holiday to look forward to really brightens ya up on a busy day.