NZ, UK, US, Sweden, Poland & Cheese eating surrender Monkeys approaches to Covid-19

Yes, strangely enough you are not the only one on the planet that understands words with more than one syllable.

The models that zero Covid lunatics like yourself espouse predicted that Sweden’s health care system would be overwhelmed by May and there would be 100,000 deaths by July. Sweden has had ~7k deaths. I would say that the models that forced simpletons like yourself to accept and support lockdowns were the most wrong, by far.

I’ve never glossed over Sweden’s response. I’ve said it is a more sensible response imo, given the actual mortality rate of Covid, and the societal impact of lockdowns.

2 Likes

Sweden has done no such thing.

Do I really have to explain the difference between comparative and absolute? You, and others, argued the Swedish approach was absolutely the way to go. Now we know, as any reasonably intelligent non ideological person could have anticipated, that way was not the way to go. Now saying ‘Sweden is not so bad as Germany’ is utterly beside the original (absolutist) point.

You were wrong. Just admit it. Stop scrabbling around in the comparative dust.

Nobody argued that Sweden was the right way to go, there is no right way to go. What was and is being argued is that Sweden have done a better job overall in balancing the impact of the pandemic.

Oh, I think those who are the lunacy purveyors is quite clear, this long while. I have often said ‘zero Covid’ is nuts. But equally nuts is ‘zero Covid’ inverted, aka non intervention (aka, until now, Sweden).

You were wrong. Just have the grace to admit it. Else, you are turning into Madney.

What was I wrong about? I advocated Sweden’s approach for more reasons than just the total amount of cases/deaths from/with COVID.

Lockdowns are a big imposition on a population. For me, you’d need absolute proof it would work before you imposed one on your people. Sweden’s approach shows that that they are NOT absolutely necessary to deal with COVID.

1 Like

Bullshit.

You were wrong. Just admit it.

Trimming and comparatives are entirely beside your original point about Sweden.

“absolute proof”

You really are phenomenally stupid.

Again with the lie that Sweden’s approach was “non intervention”. Sweden took a less draconian approach, but the evidence is they kept the spread of the disease and the death rate lower than the average in other EU countries, and considerably lower than the UK, Italy, Spain and France.

What EU country has had the right approach in your esteemed opinion?

1 Like

Is it enjoyable being really stupid?

Just admit it.

Thank the gods people like you are not in charge of anything important.

I could sit back and type insults when I’m losing an argument too but it’s not my style. Enjoy your evening in whatever planet you call home. Heja Sverige

“type insults”

Bang.

I was correct about Sweden. They did not have the disaster that nutters like yourself were projecting, and survived the first wave better than most. Who in early September was predicting the scale of the second wave we are seeing now?

What EU country is doing things right in your esteemed opinion?

1 Like

Ah here

Ireland

“nutters”

Thank the gods.

A small sparsely populated island in the Atlantic? With almost no travel in or out of the country since March?

What do you think the major factors are to explain 60k Covid deaths in the UK and 2K deaths in Ireland?

:laughing:

Interesting to see who are at the bottom of the table (deaths per 100k). Lot of Nordic countries but no sign of Sweden who are at 68.15. You conveniently bring in the worst performing countries when comparing to Sweden but fail to compare to countries that are have more similarties. An atypical mentaller trait when trying to deflect from the truth.

1 Like

What do you think is magical about these Nordic countries like Norway, Finland, and Iceland that has kept their Covid numbers low? Did the virus avoid these places because it doesn’t like the cold? Maybe Nordic facing Vikings have more immunity than Baltic facing Vikings?

I don’t expect an answer so I’ll give you a few to consider. The incidence of Covid is directly related to population density. As we get into the winter and people spend more time indoors that becomes more of an issue. The death rate is also related to age demographics, countries with the highest death rates have both high population densities and greater % of older people (UK, Italy, France, Spain). The exception in Europe is Germany, I would attribute their lower death rate to their wealth and a superior health system.

If you compare Sweden to Ireland, the population density of southern Sweden and Ireland are probably similar, and much higher than Norway, Finland and Iceland. Sweden has 20% of it’s population over 65, Ireland has 13%, a ratio of 1.5:1. The death rate is 68 per million versus 42, a similar ratio of 1.6:1.

You’re welcome.