NZ, UK, US, Sweden, Poland & Cheese eating surrender Monkeys approaches to Covid-19

No one actually seems to give a shit about covid here anymore at all.

10 likes for that, one for every multiple of the amount of deaths Sweden has when compared to its nearest neighbour.

If they introduce some kind of lockdown here for Christmas, people will by and large ignore it unless it suits them, in which case they’ll use it as an excuse, like last year.

1 Like

Proper order. Covid us just another flu, the biggest overreaction in history. At least John Bull has moved on

People last Christmas either ignored it, or were delighted they didn’t have a house full of relatives they didn’t like.
Sin e

2 Likes

I had to refuse a booster today, I arrived in and realized i had no phone to take a selfie whilst receiving the jab

11 Likes

Nz opening to tourists from April

Could he not throw a lump of it under a microscope just to be sure?

Takes 3 weeks to grow a culture.

I read.

Or just watch a zombie movie?

Does the professor have any suggestions about uttar pradesh?

He said that the most intense GAA rivalry is always the nearest Uttar Pradesh.

Sure what would a lad from ishihugu harps know about it

Professor Shibuya thinks Japan is at a crossroads.

In fact, Prof Shibuya doesn’t think there is anything exceptional about Japan’s Covid record. He says the answer is simple, Japan has fewer deaths because it has fewer cases.

“Japan’s case fatality rate is not good, but we succeeded in minimising the number of cases,” he says.

In other words, if you catch Covid in Japan, your chances of dying from it are similar to those in Europe and America. But in Japan, you are much, much less likely to catch it. And the reason for that is behaviour.

I’ve heard from colleagues in London that on the streets these days, almost no-one is wearing a mask. Even in confined spaces, like the underground, it’s becoming a rarity.

Not in Japan. Here, everyone wears a mask - at the park, even on the beach. Even lone car drivers can be seen wearing them as they speed past.

And then, there’s the hand sanitiser. It’s everywhere: at convenience stores, public toilets, train stations, restaurants and cafes; everywhere you go, you are expected to sanitise your hands before touching anyone or anything.

It can feel a little oppressive and at times illogical. But there is little doubt that it works.

“People behaved really well, with mask-wearing and social distancing,” Prof Shibuya says. “But that is gone now.”

The success of the vaccine rollout and the lifting of the state of emergency means people are returning to offices, and going out to pubs and restaurants again.

The sense of fear that kept people distanced for a year and a half is fading. And because of that, he thinks the very low infection rate Japan has now will not last.

"We are one to two months behind Europe" he says. "Very soon, we will see another wave developing."

The UK has placed six African countries including South Africa on its travel red list. All flights from those countries stopped.

But if this variant is that bad, it will find its way in.

1 Like

So you finally agree travel restrictions are ineffective and pointless.

Well well well.

1 Like

They are not pointless. They are absolutely necessary, especially in this situation.

Also, you castigated the UK for being slow to put India on its red list and that our government allowed free movement between Britain and Ireland as Delta was sprouting.

Hypocrisy much?

You could at least be honest and admit that your long running objection to travel restrictions is because you lived outside the island and you had a strong vested interest in being allowed to travel in and out unimpeded.

Ouch you really don’t like being shown up.

Leave the shit one liners to Ed Byrne.