Off the Ball on Newstalk

He is not wrong there though.

Iā€™d say you blew the load listening to that. Was it a one handed or two handed technique you used?

Sheedy should give lessons to lads on the dole. He must have 10 jobs on the go

Have you filled out the new members survey Podge?

Listened to the podcast last night.

I like Regan. Heā€™s a bit different to the bland pundits that infest GAA coverage like Sheedy, Brennan and Shefflin.

He was dead right to call out Sheedy. Offaly are broke from the new stand in Tullamore, if anyone is picking up handy coin from a struggling CB and couldnā€™t be bothered their hole to attend championship games they deserve to be scrutinised. And ridiculed.

4 Likes

I think they might be having one of their famed rugby outside broadcasts tonight, possibly from rugby hotbed Galway. Iā€™d say it could be chock full of banter and tall tales about the dark arts of forward play.

That was last night. My Twitter feed was clogged up by them live tweeting the show.

Correct. There was big rubby chat last night.

Thanks Bandage. Iā€™m sorry I missed that.

You do know what Sheedy was asked to do, yeah?

I know what @Smark asked him to doā€¦

Dress like your sister and meet him at the railway hotel?

1 Like

What I found a bit bizarre was Regan calling Sheedy out, yet praising the manager that Sheedy recommended in his advisory capacity. Had only good words to say about Eamon Kelly.

3 Likes

@corner_back Can you clear up the confusion, what is Sheedys role currently in Offaly.

Regan is an alright sort, I find his contributions far more honest then a lot of pundits around the RTE studios these days anyway bar Loughnane obviously.

Brennan and Henry are bland as fuckā€¦they make Tomas Mulcahy look controversial and informative.

2 Likes

Smart move editing that

1 Like

What edit? :grin:

He was positively drooling over Kelly, absolved him of any blame whatsoever. Not even slight criticism over presiding over the Westmeath result. Thought it was a bit strange too.

He really put the boot into Sheedy. ā€œHe was chosen to select a new manager and remain on in an advisory capacity.ā€ He repeated it two or three times. He was fuming.

Do you think that description means he should be on a sideline as a selector? Up in the stands taking notes? Checking the players piss for blood?

Regan is an ape who as said earlier hasnā€™t hands to wipe his own hole. Iā€™m disappointed you jumped aboard his Ego Train.

I havenā€™t seen or heard him mentioned in ages. My understanding is that the county board appointed him to head a five man committee to appoint a new manager. The committee went on to appoint Sheedyā€™s former (possibly current) work colleague from bank to the post. Bank colleague subsequently convinces county board to appoint Sheedy to an advisory role with county team. This involved once monthly trips to the midlands and included one on one meetings with players. Iā€™d imagine they presumed heā€™d have the common decency to turn up for the few championship games theyā€™d have to play but obviously didnā€™t include this in his contract.

5 Likes