Off the Ball on Newstalk

Just listening to an OTB podcast from last night here. I know it’s not news here but Graham Hunter is one serious UUCOAM.

1 Like

Big interview with retiring rubby legend Mike Ross on OTB tonight. Apparently that lad only started to play rubby age 26. @gilgamboa

3 Likes

:laughing:

Thanks for the heads up. Absolutely incorrect in your fact around his age mate but decent effort all the same #playingtothegallery

I’m only repeating what the man said on the Radio.

You are not you rogue

I don’t want to get into a Nembo Kid type situation with you. Let’s listen and hear what the fat bastard has to say for himself later on.

1 Like

Coward.

1 Like

Go shit in your hat.

1 Like

Mike Ross played rugby from a young age with Fermoy, then UCC, then cork Con then Harlequins before moving back to Leinster. Save yourself the bother of listening in

Just watching the Six One Sports News and Ross’ team-mate Jack McGrath was interviewed and paid tribute to him - he said it was incredible for Ross to have become an international player despite not taking up rugby football until he was 27.

3 Likes

Thank you for the confirmation.

Don’t thank me, thank Jack McGrath.

But now we have two sources confirming the story. Your’s from the National Broadcaster and mine from Newstalk. They can’t all be wrong.

Ross was an athlete, hope he doesn’t let himself go upon retirement.

12 Likes

I can confirm that Ross played rugby in UCC and he wasn’t a mature student.

:laughing:

Jack may have said it. Doesn’t make it true.

He was a candidate for the gastric band when he was in college. I’d say 1.5 times his current size

Obviously not if he started dabbling in rubby.