Off the Ball on Newstalk

This boxing lad is the biggest name dropper I’ve ever heard, the only people he has ever spoken to are multiple world champions.

That’s because every cunt has a belt in boxing st this stage.

Who?

Nah mate, every anecdote he had was peppered with ‘Ali/Frazier/Foreman/Sugar Ray etc etc said to me’ it was never fucking Bernard Dunne or Willie Casey he was talking to.

Who was it?

Gareth A Davies from the Telegraph.

Some rugby fella?

Boxing correspondent.

I doubt he’d understand Bang Bang

Jerry something, bruckheimer or something. He was 86 I think. Entertaining interview. Poor Joe didn’t know how to react to his potty mouth at one stage

Edit: Izenberg. He is 86 He has a book out:

:angry:

Sounds like the Graham Hunter of boxing

2 Likes

Ah, I see what’s happened here. Soz, mate.

I was driving back from Leitrim this evening and decided to tune in for the first time in a good few years.

I switched on just after 8.00 as I knew the racing section used to be on some time between 8 and 9. What I listened to between 8 and 8.40 was utterly bizzare. I don’t know what other word to use.

There was a quiz with Kilbane, Dave MacIntyre and a couple of others where the contestants behaved like they were in a quiz in primary school. It went onto a points of view type section where I’m presuming they invented emails sent in by the public.

The weekend racing preview featured a brief chat about TWO (2) races.

It appears the show is as bad as it ever was.

Listen back to the quiz if ye get a chance lads.

1 Like

It’s cringe mate

That’s the “Crappy Quiz” @thedancingbaby. It’s about as bad as radio can get.

4 Likes

Surely Kilbane doesn’t need OTB ?

Is it a regular part of the show Fagan?

Every Friday night. When Parkinson used to be on it he used to get thick as shit over it. Pathetic segment.

1 Like

Same time every Friday. Same shite every Friday.

1 Like