Off the Ball on Newstalk

He spoke well I thought, nice bit of insight into the Dub’s tactical thinking. A bit more intelligent than the usual interview spiel

You cant beat a good upbringing.

Shit. The otb lads will be congratulating themselves about it for weeks.

Big 4 trained

Are Crokes calling themselves big 4 now they are :grinning:

I love the johnny Giles show,Levi :grin:

This boxing lad is the biggest name dropper I’ve ever heard, the only people he has ever spoken to are multiple world champions.

That’s because every cunt has a belt in boxing st this stage.

Who?

Nah mate, every anecdote he had was peppered with ‘Ali/Frazier/Foreman/Sugar Ray etc etc said to me’ it was never fucking Bernard Dunne or Willie Casey he was talking to.

Who was it?

Gareth A Davies from the Telegraph.

Some rugby fella?

Boxing correspondent.

I doubt he’d understand Bang Bang

Jerry something, bruckheimer or something. He was 86 I think. Entertaining interview. Poor Joe didn’t know how to react to his potty mouth at one stage

Edit: Izenberg. He is 86 He has a book out:

:angry:

Sounds like the Graham Hunter of boxing

Ah, I see what’s happened here. Soz, mate.

I was driving back from Leitrim this evening and decided to tune in for the first time in a good few years.

I switched on just after 8.00 as I knew the racing section used to be on some time between 8 and 9. What I listened to between 8 and 8.40 was utterly bizzare. I don’t know what other word to use.

There was a quiz with Kilbane, Dave MacIntyre and a couple of others where the contestants behaved like they were in a quiz in primary school. It went onto a points of view type section where I’m presuming they invented emails sent in by the public.

The weekend racing preview featured a brief chat about TWO (2) races.

It appears the show is as bad as it ever was.

Listen back to the quiz if ye get a chance lads.